Aloe vera and Hiatus hernia - from FDA reports
Hiatus hernia is reported only by a few people who take Aloe Vera. We study 514 people who have side effects while taking Aloe vera from FDA. Among them, 3 have Hiatus hernia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hiatus hernia and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
514 people reported to have side effects when taking Aloe vera.
Among them, 3 people (0.58%) have Hiatus hernia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hiatus hernia when taking Aloe vera *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Hiatus hernia when taking Aloe vera *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Ulcerative Colitis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (1 person, 33.33%)
- Gastric Ulcer (1 person, 33.33%)
- Drowsiness (1 person, 33.33%)
- Abdominal Discomfort (1 person, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Niaspan (1 person, 33.33%)
- Metoprolol Tartrate (1 person, 33.33%)
- Ibuprofen (1 person, 33.33%)
- Humira (1 person, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (1 person, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Abdominal Pain (2 people, 66.67%)
- Lymph Node Pain (1 person, 33.33%)
- Gastritis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Constipation (1 person, 33.33%)
- Abdominal Discomfort (1 person, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hiatus hernia when taking Aloe vera?
- Check symptoms - is hiatus hernia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHiatus hernia and drugs with ingredients of aloe.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHiatus hernia and Aloe vera from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Aloe vera has active ingredients of aloe. (latest outcomes from Aloe vera 546 users)
Hiatus hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, gastroesophageal reflux disease, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 16,506 Hiatus hernia patients).
Browse all side effects of Aloe veraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Hiatus herniaHiatus hernia
Could your condition cause Hiatus herniaHiatus hernia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi, I would like to ask how to manage GERD without having to continue with PPIs as they are making my life misery. I am already on blunt diet (no fat, no spices, no red meat, no acidic food, no alcohol, no cigarettes, no fizzy drinks, no coffee), taking supplements like Liquorice DGL, Slippery ...
User reviews to the study
Hi, I discovered I had a high hernia about five years ago and have just changed my diet and exercise to deal with it. I recently ended up with prostatitis to top it all off that hasn't been very fun to deal with nor have I really found any good way to deal with it. I've been on 10 weeks of ...
I was given Mirtazapine last July as the fluoxetine I was on wasn't really working, within 2 weeks of taking it my stomach swelled and I was in pain and by 4 weeks I had gained nearly 1st 7lb. I stopped taking them because I was experiencing severe pins and needles down the backs of my arms, my ...
I have slightly elevated liver enzymes and have also been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. Just wondering if I should see a hepatologist? I had a liver biopsy during gallbladder surgery 2 years ago. I think I had a slightly fatty liver.
Suffering from hiatal hernia and spitting up blood only seen at night. Seen plenty of doctors but no real alleviation. On 40mg omeprazole and using wedge to sleep on at night hoping it will help. Also trying alkaline water as I've heard it helps and melatonin. Desperate for help.
I have a hh with a platelet count of 128 where 140-440 is normal. Imagine it's the beginning stage, but am also feeling weakness. I'm diabetic too. Live near Puebla, Mexico and need a recommendation for a reputable gastrologist.