Amaryl and Alcohol use - from FDA reports
Alcohol use is found among people who take Amaryl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Medrol, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Alcohol use with Amaryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,081 people who have side effects when taking Amaryl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 23, 2017
27,081 people reported to have side effects when taking Amaryl.
Among them, 29 people (0.11%) have Alcohol use
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amaryl when people have Alcohol use *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 66.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Alcohol use when taking Amaryl *:
- female: 14.29 %
- male: 85.71 %
Age of people who have Alcohol use when taking Amaryl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 9.09 %
- 40-49: 36.36 %
- 50-59: 13.64 %
- 60+: 40.91 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (9 people, 31.03%)
- Prostate Cancer (6 people, 20.69%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (2 people, 6.90%)
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 6.90%)
- Bipolar Disorder (2 people, 6.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Medrol (12 people, 41.38%)
- Glucophage (11 people, 37.93%)
- Ativan (11 people, 37.93%)
- Prozac (10 people, 34.48%)
- Flomax (9 people, 31.03%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (12 people, 41.38%)
- Depression (12 people, 41.38%)
- Chest Pain (12 people, 41.38%)
- Abdominal Pain (12 people, 41.38%)
- Pleurisy (11 people, 37.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Alcohol use when taking Amaryl?
- Check symptoms - is alcohol use caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAlcohol use and drugs with ingredients of glimepiride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAlcohol use and Amaryl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Amaryl has active ingredients of glimepiride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Amaryl 27,325 users)
Alcohol use has been reported by people with depression, alcoholism, stress and anxiety, pain, quit smoking (latest reports from 11,482 Alcohol use patients).
Browse all side effects of Amaryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Alcohol useAlcohol use
Could your condition cause Alcohol useAlcohol use
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
zopildem I just found out causes weight gain... after I specially asked my dr not to give me any drugs that cause weight gain.. I have fibromyalgia and she first put me on Lyrica HELLO major weight gain and went off that now, this...I have gained up 40 lbs and am 63 and a woman... How do I get ...
I have suffered from chronic alcoholism since 2001. In the winter of 2015, I woke up one day with a burning mouth and inflamed tongue. The ENT specialist who treated the condition gave up on me and decided that I damaged my tongue from alcohol and told me to go on Amnitriptiline. I then went ...
Hello, I am 71 years old and have been taking Amaryl for years, 4mg in the morning and 4 mg. at bedtime...all of a sudden for the last three days I have developed hot flushes, I mean hot from the waist to the top of my head; I thought I was having a stroke...I think it is time to go to a ...