Home > Amaryl > Bladder cancer > Amaryl and Bladder cancer
Review: could Amaryl cause Bladder cancer?
Summary: Bladder cancer is found among people who take Amaryl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Actos, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 20,974 people who have side effects while taking Amaryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 94 have Bladder cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Bladder cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amaryl and have Bladder cancer >>>
Amaryl (latest outcomes from 21,094 users) has active ingredients of glimepiride. It is often used in diabetes.
Bladder cancer (latest reports from 6,572 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 20,974 people reported to have side effects when taking Amaryl. Among them, 98 people (0.47%) have Bladder Cancer.
Time on Amaryl when people have Bladder cancer * :
Gender of people who have Bladder cancer when taking Amaryl * :
|Bladder cancer||20.83%||79.17% |
Age of people who have Bladder cancer when taking Amaryl * :
|Bladder cancer||0.00%||1.14%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.14%||7.95%||89.77% |
Severity of Bladder cancer when taking Amaryl ** :
How people recovered from Bladder cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (42 people, 42.86%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (32 people, 32.65%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (3 people, 3.06%)
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (2 people, 2.04%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 2.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Actos (76 people, 77.55%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 19.39%)
- Metformin hcl (15 people, 15.31%)
- Diovan (13 people, 13.27%)
- Lipitor (13 people, 13.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bladder Cancer while taking Amaryl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amaryl and have Bladder Cancer
- support group for people who take Amaryl
- support group for people who have Bladder Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Do dpp4 inhibitors increase cancer risk?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Glimepiride, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Januvia)
Metabolic syndrome, ed, triglycerides untreated over 200, bp untreated 160/96, A1c untreated 9.
- Does tradjenta with glimepiride lower a1c or fasting sugar or both
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has A1c, Fasting Blood Sugar, and takes Tradjenta, Glimepiride)
I was on glimepiride (two tablets before breakfast, one before lunch and one before dinner). My fasting sugar suddenly became 200 and A1c was 9.6. So I consulted endocrinologist. And she recommended to add Tradjenta (5 mg) once a day. I started Tradjenta on 02/12/2014. But my bood sugar has remian ...
- How to recover from erectile dyfunction after taking metropol tablets fror 15 years
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Heart Disease Congenital, Hypertension, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Aspirin, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Metformin Hydrochloride, Glimepiride, Ramipril, Insulin Nordisk Mixtard)
Erectile Dyfunction /premature ejeculation since one year
25 years old diabetes
Heart diseases PTC done 8years ago
- Can glimepiride cause rapid weight gain
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, and takes Glimepiride, Metformin, Crestor, Diovan)
Recently my doctor prescribed Glimepiride to help control my diabetes. After being on the medicine for only about 14 days I had gained 6 pounds and am already overweight by about 20 pounds. The weight is not good for my diabetes and I gained it all in my stomach so now have a bigger spare tire arou ...
More questions for: Amaryl, Bladder cancer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Joint swelling in my hands
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Swelling, and takes Glimepiride, Invokana)
I have only been taking Invokana for almost 3 weeks, I have noticed joint swelling in my hands which did not occur 3 weeks ago when I was taking Glimepiride. While taking the Glimepiride I noticed that my ankles and feet hurt after sitting for a while or when I woke up. Has anyone else noticed these ...
- Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolisms, and takes Cymbalta, Celebrex, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Fish Oil, Crestor, Glimepiride, Metformin)
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
More reviews for: Amaryl, Bladder cancer
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of side effects of Amaryl for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Zetia
Comments: Hello I am a female 69 years old and all of a sudden these past few days I have had huge hot flashes especially at night.......I use an ice pack behind my neck. Are my meds causing this all of a sudden? I am a wreck...I do not like the way I feel....could it be my Thyroid? My Vitamin D level is low ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Paxil, Glimepiride, Lovastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxycycline for a patient with Health, Stress And Anxiety, Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Coughing Up Blood. The patient has Death, Swelling
Comments: My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, B Complex Vitamin, Bactrim, Cipro, Synthroid, Metformin, Glimepiride for a patient with Allergies, Arthritis, Pgym Deficiency, Prostatitis, Low Thyroid, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Bladder Pain, Abdominal Pain, Back Pain - Low
Comments: a month ago developed severe lower back pain which came acoss left front abdominal pain down left groin & pain,pressure in pelvic, bladder area. several test taken with nothing found. took cipro 500 mg 2 x daily for 18 days & antibiotic changed to bactrim 1 week ago asd developed arm & leg severe pa ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Alprazolam, Oxycodone, Albuterol Sulfate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Carisoprodol, Topamax, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Singulair, Advair Hfa, Proventil, Coumadin, Glimepiride, Lipitor, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Osteoarthrosis, Fibromyalgia, Degenerative Disc Disease, Bursitis, Asthmatic Crisis, Major Depressive Disorder, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Frequent Headaches, Allergic Respiratory Disease, Asthma, Pulmonary Embolism, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Asthma
Comments: I have an non-typical pulmonary stenosis, MPA aneurysm directly above that valve. The left ventricle was also enlarged due to the stress of my third & final pregnancy put on my heart.
On March 1st (this year) I went to the ER as none of my asthma treatment weren't working. After several tests a ...
More related studies for: Amaryl, Bladder cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Bloating And Menstruation
- Oxybutynin Chloride
- Lack Of Menses
- Msm and Fever
- Effexor and Passionflower
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured. ... (3 hours ago)
- Is it safe to mastrubate while recovering from gbs gullian barre syndrome (gbs)
im currently on my recovery path its been 4 months and yet ... (4 hours ago)
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (2 hours ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (15 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (23 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Oxybutynin Chloride for a 46-year old woman who has Lack Of Menses (3 minutes ago)
- Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a 52-year old woman who has Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain (43 minutes ago)
- Naproxen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin for a 32-year old woman who has TMJ Disorders, Fibromyalgia (1 hour ago)