Amaryl and Bladder cancer - from FDA reports
Bladder cancer is found among people who take Amaryl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Actos, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Bladder cancer with Amaryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,081 people who have side effects when taking Amaryl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 28, 2017
27,081 people reported to have side effects when taking Amaryl.
Among them, 661 people (2.44%) have Bladder cancer
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amaryl when people have Bladder cancer *:
- < 1 month: 0.53 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.89 %
- 1 - 2 years: 21.05 %
- 2 - 5 years: 35.26 %
- 5 - 10 years: 21.05 %
- 10+ years: 4.21 %
Gender of people who have Bladder cancer when taking Amaryl *:
- female: 18.28 %
- male: 81.72 %
Age of people who have Bladder cancer when taking Amaryl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.56 %
- 10-19: 0.56 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 1.12 %
- 50-59: 10.61 %
- 60+: 87.15 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 1.36%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (6 people, 0.91%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (3 people, 0.45%)
- Depression (3 people, 0.45%)
- Constipation (3 people, 0.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Actos (607 people, 91.83%)
- Metformin (411 people, 62.18%)
- Glucophage (194 people, 29.35%)
- Januvia (190 people, 28.74%)
- Lantus (148 people, 22.39%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Death (103 people, 15.58%)
- Haematuria (30 people, 4.54%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (19 people, 2.87%)
- High Blood Pressure (10 people, 1.51%)
- Bladder Cancer Recurrent (9 people, 1.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Bladder cancer when taking Amaryl?
- Check symptoms - is bladder cancer caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBladder cancer and drugs with ingredients of glimepiride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBladder cancer and Amaryl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Amaryl has active ingredients of glimepiride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Amaryl 27,325 users)
Bladder cancer has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 17,134 Bladder cancer patients).
Browse all side effects of Amaryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Bladder cancerBladder cancer
Could your condition cause Bladder cancerBladder cancer
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
zopildem I just found out causes weight gain... after I specially asked my dr not to give me any drugs that cause weight gain.. I have fibromyalgia and she first put me on Lyrica HELLO major weight gain and went off that now, this...I have gained up 40 lbs and am 63 and a woman... How do I get ...
had a cancerous tumor removed 6 months ago from my bladder. I was stage 1 and had not grown into the muscle tissue. Tumor removed and now every 3 months to be checked. I heard statins my cause cancer and then decided to check vytorin which I had been on for over 10 years. My check resulted ...
Hi - My best friend was recently diagnosed with bladder tumor during a diagnostic cystoscopy It was an incidental find as he had the Cysto done due to hematuria in urine. He had a cystoscopy in October and there was no tumor noted in bladder then. He's been on victoza approximately ...
My dad has an invasive tumor in his bladder, the tumor is 10 by 5 centimeters covering half of his bladder. My dad is 61 years old and has drunk alcohol excessively his entire life. He currently has short-term memory loss. The doctors have said it is unlikely that the memory loss is caused from ...