Home > Amaryl > Hair loss > Amaryl and Hair loss
Review: could Amaryl cause Hair loss?
We study 20,974 people who have side effects while taking Amaryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 87 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amaryl and have Hair loss >>>
Amaryl (latest outcomes from 21,094 users) has active ingredients of glimepiride. It is often used in diabetes.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 20,974 people reported to have side effects when taking Amaryl. Among them, 87 people (0.41%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Amaryl when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||0.00%||90.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Amaryl * :
|Hair loss||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Amaryl * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.53%||7.59%||31.65%||58.23% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Amaryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (19 people, 21.84%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (9 people, 10.34%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (9 people, 10.34%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 5.75%)
- Pain (4 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Byetta (17 people, 19.54%)
- Glucophage (16 people, 18.39%)
- Actos (13 people, 14.94%)
- Metformin hcl (11 people, 12.64%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 11.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Amaryl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amaryl and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Amaryl
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amaryl, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Joint swelling in my hands
I have only been taking Invokana for almost 3 weeks, I have noticed joint swelling in my hands which did not occur 3 weeks ago when I was taking Glimepiride. While taking the Glimepiride I noticed that my ankles and feet hurt after sitting for a while or when I woke up. Has anyone else noticed these ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Amaryl, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Amaryl (glimepiride) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Amaryl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amaryl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Amaryl, Hair loss
Recent Amaryl related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Amaryl, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (26 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (35 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Difficulty Breathing
- X Ray Limb Abnormal
- Folia Vitis Viniferae