Ambien cr and Personality change - from FDA reports
Personality change is found among people who take Ambien cr, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Major depression. This review analyzes which people have Personality change with Ambien cr. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,501 people who have side effects when taking Ambien cr from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
3,501 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien cr.
Among them, 16 people (0.46%) have Personality change
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ambien cr when people have Personality change *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Personality change when taking Ambien cr *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Personality change when taking Ambien cr *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 78.57 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 7.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Major Depression (2 people, 12.50%)
- Helicobacter Infection (1 person, 6.25%)
- Back Disorder (1 person, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta (8 people, 50.00%)
- Ambien (8 people, 50.00%)
- Oxycontin (6 people, 37.50%)
- Flonase (6 people, 37.50%)
- Flexeril (6 people, 37.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Memory Loss (10 people, 62.50%)
- Suicidal Ideation (8 people, 50.00%)
- Road Traffic Accident (8 people, 50.00%)
- Loss Of Consciousness (8 people, 50.00%)
- Irritability (8 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Personality change when taking Ambien cr?
- Check symptoms - is personality change caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPersonality change and drugs with ingredients of zolpidem tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePersonality change and Ambien cr from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ambien cr has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Ambien cr 4,495 users)
Personality change has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (latest reports from 7,155 Personality change patients).
Browse all side effects of Ambien cra b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Personality changePersonality change
Could your condition cause Personality changePersonality change
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Taking Quetiapine (Seroquel) 25mg nocte for 2 years, as adjunct to Venlafaxine (Efexor) 300mg per diem, treatment for major depressive disorder. Recently began experiencing personality change to angry, irritable, moody. Referring this to Consultant ASAP. Want to discontinue, but facing severe ...
I've been taking Norditropin for approximately 12 years I have developed Periphial Neuropothy and a ton of joint pain. I take Ambien CR as well along with a long list of prescription meds since cardiac arrest in 2007. Anyone else develop any side affects?
Iam new. And scared. My husband has beenon oppana for a year. 3 times. A day for falied neck surgery. His personality has been slowly changing. He has become cold towards me. .his skeep is very poor. He isolates. No one sees the changes but me. When he is a family gathering he acts fine. Help