Review: could Ambien cause Anaphylaxis?
Summary: Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Singulair, and have Insomnia.
We study 43,106 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 158 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ambien and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Ambien 46,720 users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.(latest reports from Anaphylaxis 28,888 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 43,106 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 158 people (0.37%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Ambien when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Ambien * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Ambien * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Ambien ** :
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (35 people, 22.15%)
- Asthma (16 people, 10.13%)
- Depression (13 people, 8.23%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (10 people, 6.33%)
- Pain (8 people, 5.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Singulair (32 people, 20.25%)
- Lipitor (31 people, 19.62%)
- Aspirin (28 people, 17.72%)
- Lasix (23 people, 14.56%)
- Lantus (21 people, 13.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane. (1 answer)
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Can ambien causing euphoria and the jitters
(Asked by a 19 year old boy who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Feeling Jittery, and takes Ambien)
After taking the ambien to help me sleep I feel euphoric and jittery rather than calmed. I take an anti-depressant in the morning composed of M folic acids.
- Seizure after an epipen injection
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Epipen)
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- Can ambien or phentermine cause a subarachnoid hemmorage
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Phentermine 37gms, and takes Ambien)
Subarachnoid hemmorage, no anuerysms found. Discharged after 16days. Have occasional headaches.
More questions for: Ambien, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zolpidem er side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder, Sleeping Difficulty, and takes Zolpidem Tartrate)
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- I need advise, badly ckd!! (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has False Positive Drug Test While On Probation Or Parole, and takes Sonata, Lunesta, Diazepam, Prozac, Lexapro, Ambien, Remeron )
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
More reviews for: Ambien, Anaphylaxis
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: Was on Cymbalta 30mg for around 3 weeks and was increased to 60mg. Three days after beginning 60mg dosage, I went into Anaphylactic Shock. First my eyes were sensitive to light and I had brain fog. The following day, I thought I was beginning to feel better and in the middle of a store, the right si ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Avodart, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Sleep Disorder, Poor Quality Sleep, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Chronic Depression. The patient has Cloudy Verticle Line In Right Eye, A Visual Field Defect
Comments: Milky white cloudy vertical line in left side of visual field of the right eye only subsequent to cataract surgery and implantation of Crystallens IOL. This line appears to be capable of retracting white light into a vertical straight "rainbow" along the inner edge of the vertical blurry white line ...
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem Tatrate for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has
Comments: I had my fifth lumbar surgery six weeks ago with incision infection week 2 which required a return to the hospital for seven days of IV antibiotic treatment and one day of oral antibiotic treatment. My incision is still red and swollen, and my back is very weak.
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Xanax, Soma for a patient with Insomnia, Separation Anxiety, Chronic Insomnia. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: The has been coming on for quite a few years but I thought it was from shoes worn when younger. In 2013 it was too noticeable to be ignored and I was told it was plural neuropathy and it was permanent. No treatment was recommended.Have had chronic insomnia for 21 years. Some helps with DDD.
- A study of drug interactions between Relpax, Ambien, Melatonin, Singulair, Ritalin, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Namenda Xr, Lamotrigine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Headaches, Insomnia, Chronic Insomnia, Allergy, Add, Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Memory Impairment, Cyclothymic Disorder, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Frequent Headaches, Postnasal Drip
Comments: Depression diagnosed first, and eventually identified as cyclothymia. Arthritis second. Hypothyroid and high cholesterol next. Headaches resolved with menopause, but have come back. Allergic reactions to unknown things about same time as headaches.
More related studies for: Ambien, Anaphylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.