Home > Ambien > Atrial flutter > Ambien and Atrial flutter
Review: could Ambien cause Atrial flutter (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
We study 43,087 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 942 have Atrial flutter. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial flutter and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ambien and have Atrial flutter >>>
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,695 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Atrial flutter (an abnormal heart rhythm that occurs in the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 389,490 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 43,071 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 942 people (2.19%) have Atrial Flutter.
Time on Ambien when people have Atrial flutter * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial flutter||37.50%||43.75%||0.00%||0.00%||9.38%||0.00%||9.38% |
Gender of people who have Atrial flutter when taking Ambien * :
|Atrial flutter||50.05%||49.95% |
Age of people who have Atrial flutter when taking Ambien * :
|Atrial flutter||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.62%||3.35%||5.20%||15.82%||74.02% |
Severity of Atrial flutter when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial flutter||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial flutter ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial flutter||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (73 people, 7.75%)
- Atrial fibrillation (69 people, 7.32%)
- Multiple myeloma (64 people, 6.79%)
- Insomnia (53 people, 5.63%)
- Neoplasm malignant (50 people, 5.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (394 people, 41.83%)
- Lasix (373 people, 39.60%)
- Coumadin (369 people, 39.17%)
- Digoxin (274 people, 29.09%)
- Protonix (237 people, 25.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Flutter while taking Ambien?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Ambien and have Atrial Flutter
- group for people who take Ambien
- group for people who have Atrial Flutter
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 years ago):
Allergic/adverse reaction to bowel prep precipitated diagnoses for stroke, atrial fibrillation & renal insufficiency in less than 5 weeks.
From this study (5 years ago):
I have had two attacks of atrial fibrillation in the first three weeks of taking Prednisone.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ambien, Atrial flutter
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
More reviews for: Ambien, Atrial flutter
On eHealthMe, Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Ambien is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ambien used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Atrial Flutter is also known as: A-fib, Atrial Fibrillation, Atrial fibrillation/flutter, Auricular fibrillation, Heart Fibrillation.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (58 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (58 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (4 hours ago)
- Trillium Erectum
- Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased
- Liver Disease