Home > Ambien > Atrial flutter > Ambien and Atrial flutter
Review: could Ambien cause Atrial flutter (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial flutter is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 43,096 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 942 have Atrial flutter. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial flutter and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ambien and have Atrial flutter >>>
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,710 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Atrial flutter (an abnormal heart rhythm that occurs in the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 382,143 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 43,096 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 942 people (2.19%) have Atrial Flutter.
Time on Ambien when people have Atrial flutter * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial flutter||37.50%||43.75%||0.00%||0.00%||9.38%||0.00%||9.38% |
Gender of people who have Atrial flutter when taking Ambien * :
|Atrial flutter||50.05%||49.95% |
Age of people who have Atrial flutter when taking Ambien * :
|Atrial flutter||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.62%||3.35%||5.20%||15.82%||74.02% |
Severity of Atrial flutter when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial flutter||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial flutter ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial flutter||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (73 people, 7.75%)
- Atrial fibrillation (69 people, 7.32%)
- Multiple myeloma (64 people, 6.79%)
- Insomnia (53 people, 5.63%)
- Neoplasm malignant (50 people, 5.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (394 people, 41.83%)
- Lasix (373 people, 39.60%)
- Coumadin (369 people, 39.17%)
- Digoxin (274 people, 29.09%)
- Protonix (237 people, 25.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Flutter while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Atrial Flutter
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Atrial Flutter
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
(Asked by a 86 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Benadryl)
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, Ischemic CVA Stroke With Hemorrhagic Transformation, Chronic Subdural Hematoma (Left), High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation)
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
More questions for: Ambien, Atrial flutter
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, and takes Turmeric)
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder, Sleeping Difficulty, and takes Zolpidem Tartrate)
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
More reviews for: Ambien, Atrial flutter
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a patient with Lupus. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: I have been diagnosed for 5 years. All my other issues are getting better except the insomnia. I dont know if I need more dosage or if its just not working.
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a patient with Sleep Disorder. The patient has Atrophy (wasting away of a part of the body)
Comments: I am currently weaning myself off of Ambien. Can Ambien cause moderate brain atrophy, dementia, or Alzheimer?
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Albuterol, Ambien, Zoloft, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Otitis Externa, Asthma, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Graves Disease. The patient has Pain - Shoulder, Neck Pain, Face Pain Around Ear, Neutropenia, Pressure-related Ear Pain, Ear Pain Both Sides, General Ill Feeling, Chills, Otitis Externa
Comments: A few years back I had medication induced neutropnia due to bactrim. I started getting symptoms in ear.. I had external otitis. I'm having the same symptoms
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a patient with Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Dizziness, Ringing In The Ears
Comments: My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged and had ringing in the ears. I got them cleaned and the ringing was still there. I noticed it even more when I raised my Zoloft intake.
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a patient with Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Comments: Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cleaned and noticed the ringing. Also noticed the ringing after raising my Zoloft.
More related studies for: Ambien, Atrial flutter
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.