Review: could Ambien cause Atrial flutter (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
We study 43,096 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 942 have Atrial flutter. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial flutter and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ambien and have Atrial flutter >>>
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,701 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Atrial flutter (an abnormal heart rhythm that occurs in the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 381,989 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 43,096 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 942 people (2.19%) have Atrial Flutter.
Time on Ambien when people have Atrial flutter * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial flutter||37.50%||43.75%||0.00%||0.00%||9.38%||0.00%||9.38% |
Gender of people who have Atrial flutter when taking Ambien * :
|Atrial flutter||50.05%||49.95% |
Age of people who have Atrial flutter when taking Ambien * :
|Atrial flutter||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.62%||3.35%||5.20%||15.82%||74.02% |
Severity of Atrial flutter when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial flutter||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial flutter ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial flutter||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (73 people, 7.75%)
- Atrial fibrillation (69 people, 7.32%)
- Multiple myeloma (64 people, 6.79%)
- Insomnia (53 people, 5.63%)
- Neoplasm malignant (50 people, 5.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (394 people, 41.83%)
- Lasix (373 people, 39.60%)
- Coumadin (369 people, 39.17%)
- Digoxin (274 people, 29.09%)
- Protonix (237 people, 25.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Flutter while taking Ambien?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Atrial Flutter
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Atrial Flutter
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
More questions for: Ambien, Atrial flutter
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
More reviews for: Ambien, Atrial flutter
On eHealthMe, Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Ambien is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ambien used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Methimazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Percocet, Zolpidem Tartrate, Heparin Sodium, Miralax for a patient with Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Hyperthyroidism, Hypertension, Diuretic Effect, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Arthritis, Chronic Insomnia, Dehydration, Bowel Preparation. The patient has Renal Insufficiency, Constipation, Headache, Swelling Of Feet And Legs, Arthritis, Nausea And Vomiting, Ischaemic Stroke, Atrial Fibrillation, Back Pain, Back Stiffness, Rash, Weight Decreased, Vitamin D Deficiency, Tendonitis, Memory Impairment, Depression Nos, Stress And Anxiety, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Dexamethasone, Zolpidem, Prednisone, Lorazepam for a patient with Nausea Post Chemotherapy, Insomnia, Pneumonitis, Anxiety. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
More related studies for: Ambien, Atrial flutter
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Ambien, Atrial flutter
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.