Review: could Ambien cause Burning mouth syndrome?
Summary: Burning mouth syndrome is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Flonase, and have Insomnia.
We study 43,157 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Burning mouth syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Burning mouth syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ambien and have Burning mouth syndrome >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 46,780 Ambien users)
Burning mouth syndrome
Burning mouth syndrome (pain in the mouth and burning sensation on tongue) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 368 Burning mouth syndrome patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 43,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 17 people (0.04%) have Burning Mouth Syndrome.
Time on Ambien when people have Burning mouth syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Burning mouth syndrome||0.00%||12.50%||25.00%||12.50%||12.50%||12.50%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Burning mouth syndrome when taking Ambien * :
|Burning mouth syndrome||47.06%||52.94% |
Age of people who have Burning mouth syndrome when taking Ambien * :
|Burning mouth syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.33%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||46.67% |
Severity of Burning mouth syndrome when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Burning mouth syndrome||0.00%||25.00%||50.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Burning mouth syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Burning mouth syndrome||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (8 people, 47.06%)
- Pain (4 people, 23.53%)
- Depression (4 people, 23.53%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 17.65%)
- Thyroidectomy (3 people, 17.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Flonase (6 people, 35.29%)
- Norvasc (6 people, 35.29%)
- Vioxx (5 people, 29.41%)
- Claritin (5 people, 29.41%)
- Provigil (5 people, 29.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ambien and burning mouth syndrome on
Do you have Burning Mouth Syndrome while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Burning Mouth Syndrome
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Burning Mouth Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a 56-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium Oxide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Lorazepam, Sucralfate for a 51-year old woman with Lower Blood Pressure, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Gastric Ulcer. The patient has Hot Flushes
- A study of drug interactions between Brisdelle, Levoxyl for a 56-year old woman with Hot Flashes, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Burning Mouth Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a 34-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Lorazepam, Fluoxetine for a 29-year old woman with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Stress And Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Chloasma
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Ambien, Morphine Sulfate, Percocet for a 41-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Ambien, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Vistaril for a 18-year old girl who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem Tartrate for a 58-year old man who has Depression And Insomnia
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.