Review: could Ambien cause Cognitive deterioration?
We study 43,096 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Cognitive deterioration. Find out below who they are, when they have Cognitive deterioration and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ambien and have Cognitive deterioration >>>
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,701 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Cognitive deterioration (memory impairment) (latest reports from 1,952 patients) has been reported by people with depression, epilepsy, dementia alzheimer's type, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 43,096 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Cognitive Deterioration.
Time on Ambien when people have Cognitive deterioration * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cognitive deterioration||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Cognitive deterioration when taking Ambien * :
|Cognitive deterioration||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Cognitive deterioration when taking Ambien * :
|Cognitive deterioration||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Cognitive deterioration when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Cognitive deterioration||33.33%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Cognitive deterioration ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Cognitive deterioration||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (2 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 50.00%)
- Anxiety disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
- Adhd (1 people, 25.00%)
- Bipolar ii disorder (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (2 people, 50.00%)
- Wellbutrin sr (1 people, 25.00%)
- Abilify (1 people, 25.00%)
- Escitalopram (1 people, 25.00%)
- Valium (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cognitive Deterioration while taking Ambien?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Cognitive Deterioration
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Cognitive Deterioration
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Ambien, Cognitive deterioration
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
More reviews for: Ambien, Cognitive deterioration
On eHealthMe, Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Ambien is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ambien used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, B-12, Vitamins for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Insomnia, Restless Leg Syndrome, Panic Attacks, Health. The patient has Vision Abnormal Nos, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Methimazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Percocet, Zolpidem Tartrate, Heparin Sodium, Miralax for a patient with Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Hyperthyroidism, Hypertension, Diuretic Effect, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Arthritis, Chronic Insomnia, Dehydration, Bowel Preparation. The patient has Renal Insufficiency, Constipation, Headache, Swelling Of Feet And Legs, Arthritis, Nausea And Vomiting, Ischaemic Stroke, Atrial Fibrillation, Back Pain, Back Stiffness, Rash, Weight Decreased, Vitamin D Deficiency, Tendonitis, Memory Impairment, Depression Nos, Stress And Anxiety, Cognitive Deterioration
More related studies for: Ambien, Cognitive deterioration
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Ambien, Cognitive deterioration
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.