Review: could Ambien cause Constipation?
We study 43,096 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,778 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ambien and have Constipation >>>
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,701 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Constipation (latest reports from 514,264 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 43,087 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 1,778 people (4.13%) have Constipation.
Time on Ambien when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Ambien * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Ambien * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (332 people, 18.67%)
- Depression (167 people, 9.39%)
- Insomnia (139 people, 7.82%)
- Metastases to bone (133 people, 7.48%)
- Anxiety (105 people, 5.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (597 people, 33.58%)
- Oxycontin (464 people, 26.10%)
- Xanax (390 people, 21.93%)
- Neurontin (363 people, 20.42%)
- Aspirin (347 people, 19.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Ambien?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Constipation
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ambien, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
More reviews for: Ambien, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Ambien is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ambien used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Methimazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Percocet, Zolpidem Tartrate, Heparin Sodium, Miralax for a patient with Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Hyperthyroidism, Hypertension, Diuretic Effect, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Arthritis, Chronic Insomnia, Dehydration, Bowel Preparation. The patient has Renal Insufficiency, Constipation, Headache, Swelling Of Feet And Legs, Arthritis, Nausea And Vomiting, Ischaemic Stroke, Atrial Fibrillation, Back Pain, Back Stiffness, Rash, Weight Decreased, Vitamin D Deficiency, Tendonitis, Memory Impairment, Depression Nos, Stress And Anxiety, Cognitive Deterioration
More related studies for: Ambien, Constipation
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Ambien, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.