Ambien and Dry mouth - from FDA reports
Dry mouth is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Dry mouth with Ambien. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 62,274 people who have side effects when taking Ambien from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
62,274 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien.
Among them, 886 people (1.42%) have Dry mouth
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ambien when people have Dry mouth *:
- < 1 month: 44 %
- 1 - 6 months: 28 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Ambien *:
- female: 69.9 %
- male: 30.1 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Ambien *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.14 %
- 10-19: 0.71 %
- 20-29: 1.57 %
- 30-39: 12.13 %
- 40-49: 17.55 %
- 50-59: 26.25 %
- 60+: 41.65 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (122 people, 13.77%)
- Pain (85 people, 9.59%)
- Osteoporosis (68 people, 7.67%)
- Stress And Anxiety (62 people, 7.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (43 people, 4.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (183 people, 20.65%)
- Xanax (175 people, 19.75%)
- Vicodin (140 people, 15.80%)
- Oxycontin (140 people, 15.80%)
- Lyrica (133 people, 15.01%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (285 people, 32.17%)
- Pain (263 people, 29.68%)
- Fatigue (236 people, 26.64%)
- Nausea (235 people, 26.52%)
- Constipation (218 people, 24.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dry mouth when taking Ambien?
- Check symptoms - is dry mouth caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDry mouth and drugs with ingredients of zolpidem tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDry mouth and Ambien from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Ambien 68,348 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 52,194 Dry mouth patients).
Browse all side effects of Ambiena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Dry mouthDry mouth
Could your condition cause Dry mouthDry mouth
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'm a male that is almost 73 years old. I've been on Ambien for almost three months. About 20 days ago I started experiencing feeling hot in the head and shoulders. At first these hot feelings would start in the middle of the afternoon and end in the early evening. But now they sometimes start ...
Just been diagnosed with osteoporosis, found out I already have had an undiagnosed back fracture...which I didn't know about...taking Actonel, have dry mouth, lower back pain, wondering if anyone else with an ileostomy (37 yrs) is having any problems with Actonel.
User reviews to the study
I have an indiana pouch due to the face that my own bladder was so bad from IC. Now I am getting just as many infections and I don't know why. I am immunie to most antibiotics because I have taken so many since about 1994.
Hi, my name is Mary, I am 53 yr old white female originally from midwest. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease at 20 yeears old. Fibromyalgia came along at about 50 years of age and then RA right after that! Right now all I do is survive day to day. I can't quit my job b/c my job provides ...