Could Ambien cause Irritability - from FDA reports
Irritability is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Depression . We study 56,743 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA. Among them, 541 have Irritability. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritability and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Ambien 63,906 users)
Irritability has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, hepatitis c, pain, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 37,102 Irritability patients).
On Nov, 26, 2016
56,743 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien.
Among them, 541 people (0.95%) have Irritability
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ambien when people have Irritability *:
- < 1 month: 19.05 %
- 1 - 6 months: 26.19 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.14 %
- 1 - 2 years: 19.05 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.9 %
- 5 - 10 years: 16.67 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Irritability when taking Ambien *:
- female: 57.01 %
- male: 42.99 %
Age of people who have Irritability when taking Ambien *:
- 0-1: 0.23 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.03 %
- 20-29: 6.76 %
- 30-39: 13.74 %
- 40-49: 42.12 %
- 50-59: 18.24 %
- 60+: 16.89 %
Severity of Irritability **:
- least: 0.0 %
- moderate: 40 %
- severe: 40 %
- most severe: 20 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Oxycontin (107 people, 19.78%)
- Xanax (103 people, 19.04%)
- Lortab (72 people, 13.31%)
- Neurontin (71 people, 13.12%)
- Paxil (70 people, 12.94%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Ambien, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- Depression (116 people, 21.44%)
- Pain (102 people, 18.85%)
- Stress And Anxiety (71 people, 13.12%)
- Sleep Disorder (59 people, 10.91%)
- Quit Smoking (40 people, 7.39%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Insomnia (232 people, 42.88%)
- Stress And Anxiety (219 people, 40.48%)
- Depression (193 people, 35.67%)
- Fatigue (179 people, 33.09%)
- Nausea (156 people, 28.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irritability when taking Ambien?
- Check symptoms - is irritability caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Ambiena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with IrritabilityIrritability
Could your condition cause IrritabilityIrritability
Can you answer these questions?
I'm a male that is almost 73 years old. I've been on Ambien for almost three months. About 20 days ago I started experiencing feeling hot in the head and shoulders. At first these hot feelings would start in the middle of the afternoon and end in the early evening. But now they sometimes start ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking Ambien for more than five years. I cannot take Ambien CR as I am suspicious it makes my neuropathy worse. Have been having severe calf pain, tingling, numbness in feet and hands, severe achilles tendonitis with knots above my heels, can barely walk, mood affected, mild ...