Review: could Ambien cause Lower blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Lower blood pressure is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 43,157 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,584 have Lower blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Lower blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ambien and have Lower blood pressure >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 46,768 Ambien users)
Lower blood pressure
Lower blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,424 Lower blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 43,150 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 1,584 people (3.67%) have Lower Blood Pressure.
Time on Ambien when people have Lower blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lower blood pressure||48.65%||10.81%||2.70%||10.81%||10.81%||13.51%||2.70% |
Gender of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Ambien * :
|Lower blood pressure||55.75%||44.25% |
Age of people who have Lower blood pressure when taking Ambien * :
|Lower blood pressure||0.07%||0.00%||0.40%||1.34%||6.22%||18.27%||21.35%||52.34% |
Severity of Lower blood pressure when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lower blood pressure||0.00%||44.44%||44.44%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Lower blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lower blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (212 people, 13.38%)
- Insomnia (170 people, 10.73%)
- Hypertension (142 people, 8.96%)
- Depression (116 people, 7.32%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (101 people, 6.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (440 people, 27.78%)
- Lasix (370 people, 23.36%)
- Nexium (312 people, 19.70%)
- Prednisone (255 people, 16.10%)
- Protonix (254 people, 16.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ambien and lower blood pressure on
Do you have Lower Blood Pressure while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Lower Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Lower Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 73-year old woman with Initial Insomnia. The patient has Breast Discharge
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 82-year old man with Melanin. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Advil, Ambien, Ponstel, Yasmin, Clonazepam, Adderall for a 28-year old woman with Inflammation, Insomnia, Menstrual Cramp Relief, Birth Control, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Onycholysis
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Frequent Headaches (pain in head), Low Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Welchol for a 90-year old woman who has Sleeplessness
- Comparions of Valerian, Ambien for a 38-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Zolpidem for a 82-year old woman who has Insomnia, Auto Immune Disease, Neuropathy, Spinal Stenosis, High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.