Home > Ambien > Psychotic behaviour > Ambien and Psychotic behaviour
Review: could Ambien cause Psychotic behaviour?
We study 43,096 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Psychotic behaviour. Find out below who they are, when they have Psychotic behaviour and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ambien and have Psychotic behaviour >>>
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,701 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Psychotic behaviour (latest reports from 1,652 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, insomnia, stress and anxiety, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 43,096 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 15 people (0.03%) have Psychotic Behaviour.
Time on Ambien when people have Psychotic behaviour * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Psychotic behaviour||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||9.09%||81.82%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Psychotic behaviour when taking Ambien * :
|Psychotic behaviour||86.67%||13.33% |
Age of people who have Psychotic behaviour when taking Ambien * :
|Psychotic behaviour||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||14.29%||78.57% |
Severity of Psychotic behaviour when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Psychotic behaviour||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Psychotic behaviour ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (13 people, 86.67%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 20.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 13.33%)
- Depression (2 people, 13.33%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (9 people, 60.00%)
- Febuxostat (1 people, 6.67%)
- Norvasc (1 people, 6.67%)
- Skelaxin (1 people, 6.67%)
- Allopurinol (1 people, 6.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Psychotic Behaviour while taking Ambien?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Psychotic Behaviour
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Psychotic Behaviour
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Can ambien causing euphoria and the jitters
After taking the ambien to help me sleep I feel euphoric and jittery rather than calmed. I take an anti-depressant in the morning composed of M folic acids.
- Can ambien or phentermine cause a subarachnoid hemmorage
Subarachnoid hemmorage, no anuerysms found. Discharged after 16days. Have occasional headaches.
- Can botox help fmd disease?
I,had fmd in 2010 took blood.thinners to help,with it. I haven't had any problems until now. My neck is starting to hurt again. I was just wondering if botox helps in any way.
- Toxicology level for gabapentin were 55 mcg/ ml can that cause respiratory arrest?
Had just started Gralise 600mg tablets 2 days prior to respiratory arrest. Hydrocodone he had been on for a month (both were used for complex regional pain syndrome which he had just gotten due to a fall). All other medicines he had been on for 2 years. Toxicology report was 55 mcg/ mL for Gralise ...
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- Are any of you having problems with your legs and knees freezing and other symptoms of nerve damage?
The only way my knees and legs get warm is when i stretch out in bed to go to sleep. Putting a heater in front of them does no good at all. alcohol works for a little while but then the freezing starts all over.
- Are there any reports of extreme dry mouth?
Since having an aortic valve replacement via TAVR (newer technique)I have had various medications added to my schedule. For the last several months I seem to have a very dry mouth problem. I have given you a few that I am taking at the present time that I thought might have some effect on my dryne ...
- I have been taking ambien for years my doctor just gave me flomax to take is it safe to take together
I have had bladder issues for years and I just went to a urologist two days ago and he gave me a prescription for Flomax (generic) and I also take 2 zolpidem tartrate to fall asleep. I asked him in the office if the new med would interfere with any of my usual medications and he said they shouldn't, ...
- Concerned about possible rebound rls with daily rx for rls
I've suffered with RLS for many years, before I knew it had a name and before my doctors took me seriously about it. The only thing I knew was that taking antihistamines would start an episode. This lasted from around 16 yrs old to about 35. I have also suffered from migraines that were infrequen ...
More questions for: Ambien, Psychotic behaviour
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- I wish i had never taken ambien
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Patients having false positives while on remeron
I have had a few patients complain they are failing drug tests for Amphetamines while on remeron, and have claimed to have not used any type of Amphetamine or any (Mixed Salts). These patients are all or were on probation, parole, or under some stipulation. Iv realized most of these patients are tak ...
- I take ambien and morphine to help me sleep at night
I have had insomnia for 40 years. It began with menopause. At that time I was healthy and very active, I played tennis three times a week, I was a mother and a housewife and a teacher. When the insomnia began I had no pain. I'm 82 now and I have had continuous all over body pain for 5 years. N ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Michael my son died as a result of kolopin & ambien
My beautiful son to whom I depended upon took his Life by suicide on July 16, 2013. He had been struggling with a sleep disorder. It seemed to begin in his last year of high school 2010. Mike was very strong in mind and in body. He became a certified personal trainer. He encouraged everyone around h ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
More reviews for: Ambien, Psychotic behaviour
On eHealthMe, Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Ambien is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ambien used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Ambien, Psychotic behaviour
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ambien, Nexium, Carafate, Dilaudid for a 41-year old woman who has Hip Pain
- Comparions of Zolpidem Tartrate, Buspirone Hcl for a 65-year old man who has Anxiety And Stress
- Comparions of Losartan, Furosemide, Vitamin D, Ambien Cr, Albuterol for a 64-year old man who has Medial
- Comparions of Ambien, Xanax, Zoloft for a 45-year old woman who has Sleepy
- Comparions of Zolpidem, Ramelteon for a 44-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Norco, Xanax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Paxil
- Comparions of Vicodin, Zolpidem for a 48-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zolpidem, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 33-year old man who has Insomnia, Irritability, Aggression, No Energy
- Comparions of Halcion, Ambien, Restoril, Dalmane for a 54-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Hawthrone for a 32-year old man who has Insomnia
More related comparison studies for: Ambien, Psychotic behaviour
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (6 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (8 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Blood Phosphorus Increased
- Varicella Virus Test Positive
- Pinus Sylvestris
- Diabetic Enteropathy