Review: could Ambien cause Recurrent leg pain and cramping (Blockage of leg arteries)?
Summary: Recurrent leg pain and cramping is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 43,157 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 78 have Recurrent leg pain and cramping. Find out below who they are, when they have Recurrent leg pain and cramping and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ambien and have Recurrent leg pain and cramping >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 46,780 Ambien users)
Recurrent leg pain and cramping
Recurrent leg pain and cramping (repeated leg pain and muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, high blood cholesterol, arthritis. (latest reports from 2,393 Recurrent leg pain and cramping patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 43,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 78 people (0.18%) have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping.
Time on Ambien when people have Recurrent leg pain and cramping * :
Gender of people who have Recurrent leg pain and cramping when taking Ambien * :
|Recurrent leg pain and cramping||51.90%||48.10% |
Age of people who have Recurrent leg pain and cramping when taking Ambien * :
|Recurrent leg pain and cramping||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.70%||29.73%||67.57% |
Severity of Recurrent leg pain and cramping when taking Ambien ** :
How people recovered from Recurrent leg pain and cramping ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (15 people, 19.23%)
- Multiple myeloma (11 people, 14.10%)
- Breast cancer (6 people, 7.69%)
- Sleep disorder (5 people, 6.41%)
- Hiv infection (4 people, 5.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (37 people, 47.44%)
- Lasix (32 people, 41.03%)
- Vioxx (31 people, 39.74%)
- Prilosec (31 people, 39.74%)
- Lisinopril (30 people, 38.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
dru1966 (1 year ago):
Female: 47 years: Ohio: Began ambien when needed for sleep deprivation and within days I have experienced major calf pain. I thought it was due to running or working out too much and it just caught up with me but after talking to someone else about the medication they experienceed the same side effect too. Feels like a constant charlie horse in my left calf. I will not take it for a few days and see if symptoms subside.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ambien and recurrent leg pain and cramping on
Do you have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a 56-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type.
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium Oxide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Lorazepam, Sucralfate for a 51-year old woman with Lower Blood Pressure, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Gastric Ulcer. The patient has Hot Flushes
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a 34-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Lorazepam, Fluoxetine for a 29-year old woman with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Stress And Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Chloasma
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Ambien, Morphine Sulfate, Percocet for a 41-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Ambien, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Vistaril for a 18-year old girl who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem Tartrate for a 58-year old man who has Depression And Insomnia
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.