Review: could Ambien cause Recurrent leg pain and cramping (Blockage of leg arteries)?
Summary: Recurrent leg pain and cramping is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 43,157 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 78 have Recurrent leg pain and cramping. Find out below who they are, when they have Recurrent leg pain and cramping and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ambien and have Recurrent leg pain and cramping >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 46,768 Ambien users)
Recurrent leg pain and cramping
Recurrent leg pain and cramping (repeated leg pain and muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, high blood cholesterol, arthritis. (latest reports from 2,389 Recurrent leg pain and cramping patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 43,150 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 78 people (0.18%) have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping.
Time on Ambien when people have Recurrent leg pain and cramping * :
Gender of people who have Recurrent leg pain and cramping when taking Ambien * :
|Recurrent leg pain and cramping||51.90%||48.10% |
Age of people who have Recurrent leg pain and cramping when taking Ambien * :
|Recurrent leg pain and cramping||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.70%||29.73%||67.57% |
Severity of Recurrent leg pain and cramping when taking Ambien ** :
How people recovered from Recurrent leg pain and cramping ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (15 people, 19.23%)
- Multiple myeloma (11 people, 14.10%)
- Breast cancer (6 people, 7.69%)
- Sleep disorder (5 people, 6.41%)
- Hiv infection (4 people, 5.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (37 people, 47.44%)
- Lasix (32 people, 41.03%)
- Vioxx (31 people, 39.74%)
- Prilosec (31 people, 39.74%)
- Lisinopril (30 people, 38.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
dru1966 (12 months ago):
Female: 47 years: Ohio: Began ambien when needed for sleep deprivation and within days I have experienced major calf pain. I thought it was due to running or working out too much and it just caught up with me but after talking to someone else about the medication they experienceed the same side effect too. Feels like a constant charlie horse in my left calf. I will not take it for a few days and see if symptoms subside.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ambien and recurrent leg pain and cramping on
Do you have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 73-year old woman with Initial Insomnia. The patient has Breast Discharge
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 82-year old man with Melanin. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Advil, Ambien, Ponstel, Yasmin, Clonazepam, Adderall for a 28-year old woman with Inflammation, Insomnia, Menstrual Cramp Relief, Birth Control, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Onycholysis
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 32-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Swollen Tongue (swelling of tongue)
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a 58-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Dizziness
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Welchol for a 90-year old woman who has Sleeplessness
- Comparions of Valerian, Ambien for a 38-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Zolpidem for a 82-year old woman who has Insomnia, Auto Immune Disease, Neuropathy, Spinal Stenosis, High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.