Ambien and Seizure - from FDA reports
Seizure is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Xanax, and have Multiple sclerosis. This review analyzes which people have Seizure with Ambien. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 62,274 people who have side effects when taking Ambien from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
62,274 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien.
Among them, 185 people (0.3%) have Seizure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ambien when people have Seizure *:
- < 1 month: 16.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 50.0 %
- 10+ years: 8.33 %
Gender of people who have Seizure when taking Ambien *:
- female: 71.1 %
- male: 28.9 %
Age of people who have Seizure when taking Ambien *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.85 %
- 10-19: 0.85 %
- 20-29: 9.4 %
- 30-39: 19.66 %
- 40-49: 26.5 %
- 50-59: 20.51 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (39 people, 21.08%)
- Nausea (14 people, 7.57%)
- High Blood Pressure (12 people, 6.49%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (10 people, 5.41%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (9 people, 4.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (30 people, 16.22%)
- Cymbalta (29 people, 15.68%)
- Keppra (27 people, 14.59%)
- Xyrem (23 people, 12.43%)
- Lyrica (23 people, 12.43%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fall (33 people, 17.84%)
- High Blood Pressure (22 people, 11.89%)
- Dizziness (22 people, 11.89%)
- Nausea (19 people, 10.27%)
- Memory Loss (19 people, 10.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Seizure when taking Ambien?
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Ambien 67,091 users)
Seizure (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain) has been reported by people with seizures, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, depression, pain (latest reports from 32,248 Seizure patients).