Review: could Ambien cause Sexual dysfunction?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 10, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 42,804 people who take Ambien. Among them, 395 have Sexual dysfunction. See who they are, when they have Sexual dysfunction and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,526 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia, sleep disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Ambien include nausea, nausea aggravated, stress and anxiety, pain exacerbated, acupuncture and pain.
Sexual dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity) (latest reports from 128,979 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Mar, 9, 2014: 42,804 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 414 people (0.97%) have Sexual Dysfunction. They amount to 0.32% of all the 128,878 people who have Sexual Dysfunction.
Time on Ambien when people have Sexual dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sexual dysfunction||9.76%||17.07%||7.32%||12.20%||39.02%||12.20%||2.44% |
Gender of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Ambien * :
|Sexual dysfunction||5.72%||94.28% |
Age of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Ambien * :
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.26%||0.00%||4.91%||5.94%||31.01%||23.51%||34.37% |
Severity of Sexual dysfunction when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sexual dysfunction||14.29%||28.57%||50.00%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Sexual dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (83 people, 20.05%)
- Insomnia (59 people, 14.25%)
- Anxiety (50 people, 12.08%)
- Depression (48 people, 11.59%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 9.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (118 people, 28.50%)
- Oxycontin (99 people, 23.91%)
- Xanax (92 people, 22.22%)
- Lipitor (88 people, 21.26%)
- Aspirin (77 people, 18.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Ambien, Sexual dysfunction
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Ambien is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ambien used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Ambien side effects from A to Z:
Browse Ambien drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
Trouble maintaining a complete erection
From this study (2 years ago):
Involved in near-fatal trauma almost 5 yrs ago.Since then, has struggled with cardiac reconditioning, recently diagnosed with undiagnosed sleep apnea.Has scarring and atalectasis in left lung since emergency thoracotomy, worsened diabetes, worsened ED and chronic pain as well as ullnar neuropathy and neuropathy of both feet and poss neuroma of foot diagnosed since trauma.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ambien, Sexual dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- I felt to be near death. no doctors could give me answers. i did my own research only to discover the truth about sleep aidsm
May of 2013 hospitalized. November 2013 hospitalized. Both times white blood count decreased dramatically. Constant fevers from 102.0-104.3 was given antibiotics, fed through my veins due to my inability to swallow and lack of appetite. These two events were the worst time of my life, very painful. ...
- Ambien causes carpal tunnel
I am a lupus patient who has come to find that I am highly sensitive to all medicines. I get immediate reactions from food and pharmaceutics. I would imagine this to be the case if I tried mariguana to alleviate symptoms. I don't think I am in the right state to try this anyway, though I have often ...
More reviews for: Ambien, Sexual dysfunction
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Lexapro, Ambien, Prilosec Otc for a patient with Health, Depression, Insomnia, Heartburn - Chronic. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Cymbalta, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Celebrex, Flexeril, Aspirin, Ambien for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Bph, Osteoarthritis, Joint Pain, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems)
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem Tartrate, Amlodipine Besylate, Zoloft, Aspirin, Prevacid, Tylenol, Fosinopril Sodium, Relafen, Lovastatin, Cialis for a patient with Insomnia Concerns, Hypertension, Depressed Mood, Blood Thinner, Gerd, Pain Trauma Activated, Pain Management, Hyperlipidaemia, Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems), Tachycardia, Pain Exacerbated, Ambien, Zoloft, Cardiac Rehabilitation Therapy
More related studies for: Ambien, Sexual dysfunction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.