Review: could Ambien cause Short-term memory loss (Memory loss)?
Summary: Short-term memory loss is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien cr, and have Insomnia.
We study 43,157 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,837 have Short-term memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Short-term memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ambien and have Short-term memory loss >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 46,780 Ambien users)
Short-term memory loss
Short-term Memory Loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,469 Short-term Memory Loss patients)
On Apr, 9, 2015: 43,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 2,837 people (6.57%) have Short-term Memory Loss.
Time on Ambien when people have Short-term memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Short-term memory loss||28.19%||20.71%||10.16%||13.90%||14.00%||10.74%||2.30% |
Gender of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Ambien * :
|Short-term memory loss||61.80%||38.20% |
Age of people who have Short-term memory loss when taking Ambien * :
|Short-term memory loss||0.05%||0.05%||1.11%||5.68%||15.51%||23.89%||25.05%||28.66% |
Severity of Short-term memory loss when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Short-term memory loss||9.52%||52.38%||33.33%||4.76% |
How people recovered from Short-term memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Short-term memory loss||7.14%||0.00%||92.86% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (1,193 people, 42.05%)
- Depression (329 people, 11.60%)
- Sleep disorder (328 people, 11.56%)
- Pain (290 people, 10.22%)
- Anxiety (176 people, 6.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien cr (440 people, 15.51%)
- Xanax (373 people, 13.15%)
- Lexapro (368 people, 12.97%)
- Neurontin (314 people, 11.07%)
- Aspirin (299 people, 10.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ambien and short-term memory loss on
Do you have Short-term Memory Loss while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Short-term Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Short-term Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a 56-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type.
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 42-year old man with Heart Transplant Rejection. The patient has Memory Impairment, Confusion, Light Sensitivity, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Hot And Cold, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium Oxide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Lorazepam, Sucralfate for a 51-year old woman with Lower Blood Pressure, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Gastric Ulcer. The patient has Hot Flushes
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Ambien, Morphine Sulfate, Percocet for a 41-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Ambien, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Vistaril for a 18-year old girl who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem Tartrate for a 58-year old man who has Depression And Insomnia
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.