Review: could Ambien cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 43,157 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,243 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ambien and have Shortness of breath >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 46,777 Ambien users)
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,466 Shortness of breath patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 43,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 3,243 people (7.51%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Ambien when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||35.00%||26.67%||0.83%||9.17%||11.67%||14.17%||2.50% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Ambien * :
|Shortness of breath||64.76%||35.24% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Ambien * :
|Shortness of breath||0.10%||0.03%||0.48%||3.54%||10.05%||19.37%||26.22%||40.19% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||4.35%||60.87%||30.43%||4.35% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||11.11%||88.89% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (455 people, 14.03%)
- Insomnia (315 people, 9.71%)
- Depression (289 people, 8.91%)
- Anxiety (256 people, 7.89%)
- Sleep disorder (227 people, 7.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (774 people, 23.87%)
- Aspirin (712 people, 21.95%)
- Nexium (614 people, 18.93%)
- Lasix (608 people, 18.75%)
- Neurontin (598 people, 18.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ambien and shortness of breath on
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a 71-year old man with Blood Thinner. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a 56-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type.
- A study of side effects of Diamox for a 38-year old woman with Ih. The patient has Intranasal Numbness, Tiredness, Muscle Cramps, Shortness Of Breath, Kidney Palpable, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium Oxide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Lorazepam, Sucralfate for a 51-year old woman with Lower Blood Pressure, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Gastric Ulcer. The patient has Hot Flushes
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Ambien, Morphine Sulfate, Percocet for a 41-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Ambien, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Vistaril for a 18-year old girl who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem Tartrate for a 58-year old man who has Depression And Insomnia
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.