Review: could Ambien cause Shortness of breath?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 42,804 people who take Ambien. Among them, 3,239 have Shortness of breath. See who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,526 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia, sleep disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Ambien include nausea, nausea aggravated, stress and anxiety, pain exacerbated, acupuncture and pain.
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath (latest reports from 1,308,120 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, pain relief by acupuncture.
On Feb, 22, 2014: 41,357 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 3,101 people (7.50%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Ambien when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||38.18%||29.09%||0.00%||10.00%||10.00%||10.00%||2.73% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Ambien * :
|Shortness of breath||64.19%||35.81% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Ambien * :
|Shortness of breath||0.07%||0.04%||0.39%||3.44%||10.00%||19.43%||26.60%||40.01% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||72.22%||22.22%||5.56% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (448 people, 14.45%)
- Insomnia (298 people, 9.61%)
- Depression (279 people, 9.00%)
- Anxiety (255 people, 8.22%)
- Sleep disorder (221 people, 7.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (750 people, 24.19%)
- Aspirin (692 people, 22.32%)
- Nexium (603 people, 19.45%)
- Lasix (595 people, 19.19%)
- Neurontin (584 people, 18.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Ambien, Shortness of breath
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Ambien is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ambien used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Ambien side effects from A to Z:
Browse Ambien drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
I has an undiagnosed pain syndrome for 6 years.
Developed breast cancer and received treatment including Arimidrex.
Now with debilitating fatigue and need to keep legs up in chair 23/7. Not able to do simple personal tasks.
It's been 5 years since cancer treatment!
From this study (2 months ago):
Have cramps in my calves every night. Exhaustion, severe confusion and forgetfulness are severe.
I am told something at work and then I am asked a question and cant remember any of it. I have been in the same line of work for 30 years but I cant remember a isimple instruction by my boss. It is going to get me fired soon. Also have trouble with balance and get
Mother has history of breast cancer. I had a fractured skull when younger. I have had blood clots on my lungs, congestive heart, plus pleuracy.
From this study (6 months ago):
I got a flu shot two weeks ago and now I have extreme shortness of breath
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ambien, Shortness of breath
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- I felt to be near death. no doctors could give me answers. i did my own research only to discover the truth about sleep aidsm
May of 2013 hospitalized. November 2013 hospitalized. Both times white blood count decreased dramatically. Constant fevers from 102.0-104.3 was given antibiotics, fed through my veins due to my inability to swallow and lack of appetite. These two events were the worst time of my life, very painful. ...
- Ambien causes carpal tunnel
I am a lupus patient who has come to find that I am highly sensitive to all medicines. I get immediate reactions from food and pharmaceutics. I would imagine this to be the case if I tried mariguana to alleviate symptoms. I don't think I am in the right state to try this anyway, though I have often ...
More reviews for: Ambien, Shortness of breath
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride And Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Lopressor, Celexa, Albuterol Sulfate, Symbicort for a patient with Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Allergic Bronchitis, Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (psvt), Chronic Depression, Asthma, Copd. The patient has Balance Disorder, Sudden Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Confusion, Fatigue, Pain In Jaw, Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty), Tremor, Leg Swelling (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling)
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Soriatane, Zolpidem Tartrate, Escitalopram, Lasix for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Acid Reflux, Blood Pressure Management, Phorisious, Sleep Apnea, Angzity, Ankle Swelling. The patient has Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty)
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Zolpidem Tartrate, Norco for a patient with Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Sleep Aid, Pain - Back. The patient has Liver Problems, Fatigue, Balance, Pain In Fingers (Finger pain), Breathing-related Sleep Disorder, Difficulty In Breathing (Breathing difficulty), Stuffy Nose (Nasal congestion), Allergic Reactions (Allergies)
More related studies for: Ambien, Shortness of breath
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.