Home > Ambien > Sleep apnea > Ambien and Sleep apnea
Review: could Ambien cause Sleep apnea?
We study 43,096 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Sleep apnea. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleep apnea and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ambien and have Sleep apnea >>>
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,710 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Sleep apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing) (latest reports from 662 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, generalized anxiety disorder, gastroesophageal reflux disease.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 43,096 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Sleep Apnea.
Time on Ambien when people have Sleep apnea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleep apnea||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Sleep apnea when taking Ambien * :
|Sleep apnea||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Sleep apnea when taking Ambien * :
|Sleep apnea||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Sleep apnea when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleep apnea||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sleep apnea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleep apnea||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Adhd (2 people, 66.67%)
- Depression (2 people, 66.67%)
- Generalised anxiety disorder (1 people, 33.33%)
- Chronic insomnia (1 people, 33.33%)
- Cervical radiculopathy (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cymbalta (2 people, 66.67%)
- Ambien cr (2 people, 66.67%)
- Adderall xr 30 (1 people, 33.33%)
- Ativan (1 people, 33.33%)
- Hydromorphone hydrochloride (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleep Apnea while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Sleep Apnea
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Sleep Apnea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Can ambien causing euphoria and the jitters
(Asked by a 19 year old boy who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Feeling Jittery, and takes Ambien)
After taking the ambien to help me sleep I feel euphoric and jittery rather than calmed. I take an anti-depressant in the morning composed of M folic acids.
- Can ambien or phentermine cause a subarachnoid hemmorage
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Phentermine 37gms, and takes Ambien)
Subarachnoid hemmorage, no anuerysms found. Discharged after 16days. Have occasional headaches.
- Can botox help fmd disease?
(Asked by a 32 year old woman who has Fibromuscular Dysplasia (FMD) - Stroke Secondary To, and takes Ambien)
I,had fmd in 2010 took blood.thinners to help,with it. I haven't had any problems until now. My neck is starting to hurt again. I was just wondering if botox helps in any way.
More questions for: Ambien, Sleep apnea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder, Sleeping Difficulty, and takes Zolpidem Tartrate)
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
More reviews for: Ambien, Sleep apnea
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a patient with Lupus. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: I have been diagnosed for 5 years. All my other issues are getting better except the insomnia. I dont know if I need more dosage or if its just not working.
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a patient with Sleep Disorder. The patient has Atrophy (wasting away of a part of the body)
Comments: I am currently weaning myself off of Ambien. Can Ambien cause moderate brain atrophy, dementia, or Alzheimer?
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Albuterol, Ambien, Zoloft, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Otitis Externa, Asthma, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Graves Disease. The patient has Pain - Shoulder, Neck Pain, Face Pain Around Ear, Neutropenia, Pressure-related Ear Pain, Ear Pain Both Sides, General Ill Feeling, Chills, Otitis Externa
Comments: A few years back I had medication induced neutropnia due to bactrim. I started getting symptoms in ear.. I had external otitis. I'm having the same symptoms
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a patient with Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Dizziness, Ringing In The Ears
Comments: My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged and had ringing in the ears. I got them cleaned and the ringing was still there. I noticed it even more when I raised my Zoloft intake.
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a patient with Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Comments: Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cleaned and noticed the ringing. Also noticed the ringing after raising my Zoloft.
More related studies for: Ambien, Sleep apnea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Betadine and Psoriasis
- Zoloft and Blood Alcohol Abnormal
- Blood Alcohol Abnormal
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (10 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (18 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (22 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (5 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (8 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (13 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tobramycin And Dexamethasone, Ketorolac Tromethamine, Prednisone, Cyclogyl, Gabapentin, Benzonatate, Lidoderm, Antivert, Sertraline, Alprazolam, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Lidocaine, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate, Accolate for a 50-year old woman who has Eye Inflammation, Eye Infection, Eye Infection Bacterial, Nerve Pain, Cough, Hip Pain, Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Hives, Degenerative Joint Disease, Asthma, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Scoliosis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (23 minutes ago)
- Risperidone, Benztropine Mesylate, Lisinopril, Zoloft for a 49-year old man who has Antipsychotic Drug Level Increased, Risperidone, Hypertension, Major Depression (1 hour ago)
- Compare Fluorouracil and Toposar and Cisplatin for a 66-year old man (2 hours ago)
- Terazosin Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium for a 81-year old man who has Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism (4 hours ago)
- Nexium for a 61-year old man who has Acid Reflux (5 hours ago)