Review: could Ambien cause Sleepiness - during the day (Drowsiness)?
Summary: Sleepiness - during the day is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Insomnia.
We study 43,157 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,324 have Sleepiness - during the day. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleepiness - during the day and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ambien and have Sleepiness - during the day >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 46,780 Ambien users)
Sleepiness - during the day
Sleepiness - during the day (excess sleeping during day time) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 69,950 Sleepiness - during the day patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 43,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 1,324 people (3.07%) have Sleepiness - During The Day.
Time on Ambien when people have Sleepiness - during the day * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleepiness - during the day||43.09%||17.55%||12.23%||9.57%||10.11%||6.38%||1.06% |
Gender of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Ambien * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||58.58%||41.42% |
Age of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Ambien * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.17%||1.19%||4.59%||11.14%||23.72%||26.62%||32.57% |
Severity of Sleepiness - during the day when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleepiness - during the day||7.69%||51.28%||28.21%||12.82% |
How people recovered from Sleepiness - during the day ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (352 people, 26.59%)
- Pain (244 people, 18.43%)
- Depression (201 people, 15.18%)
- Sleep disorder (137 people, 10.35%)
- Anxiety (113 people, 8.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (280 people, 21.15%)
- Oxycontin (203 people, 15.33%)
- Ativan (171 people, 12.92%)
- Aspirin (170 people, 12.84%)
- Lipitor (169 people, 12.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleepiness - During The Day while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Sleepiness - During The Day
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Sleepiness - During The Day
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 85-year old woman with Atrial Flutter. The patient has Loose Stools, Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 50-year old woman with Depressive Symptom, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sleepy
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Lipitor, AMBIEN, Sertraline for a 59-year old woman with Meralgia Paraesthetica, Heartburn - Chronic, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Le Cells, Cd8 Lymphocytes, Neutrophilia
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Aspirin, Fish Oil, Celexa, Enalapril Maleate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Adderall 30, Plavix, Imdur for a 71-year old man with Insomnia, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Adhd, Angina - Unstable. The patient has Irritability, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Teeth Brittle
- A study of drug interactions between Estrace, Ambien Cr, Cymbalta, Buspar, Acyclovir, Klonopin, Trileptal for a 36-year old woman with Postmenopause, Insomnia, Depression Postmenopausal, Anxiety Disorder, Herpes Simplex - Genital, Mood Stabilizer. The patient has Emotional Disorder, Mental Status Changes, Fatigue, Stretch Marks, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Buffalo Hump
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Halcion, Dalmane, Ambien for a 51-year old man who has Sleepy
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Ambien, Morphine Sulfate, Percocet for a 41-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Ambien, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Vistaril for a 18-year old girl who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem Tartrate for a 58-year old man who has Depression And Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.