Review: could Ambien cause Sleepiness - during the day?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 8, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 42,804 people who take Ambien. Among them, 1,323 have Sleepiness - during the day. See who they are, when they have Sleepiness - during the day and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,526 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia, sleep disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Ambien include nausea, nausea aggravated, stress and anxiety, pain exacerbated, acupuncture and pain.
Sleepiness - during the day
Sleepiness - during the day (excess sleeping during day time) (latest reports from 483,788 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, quit smoking.
On Feb, 21, 2014: 41,357 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 1,286 people (3.11%) have Sleepiness - During The Day.
Time on Ambien when people have Sleepiness - during the day * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleepiness - during the day||43.24%||17.84%||11.89%||9.73%||9.73%||6.49%||1.08% |
Gender of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Ambien * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||58.26%||41.74% |
Age of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Ambien * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.18%||1.14%||4.57%||10.98%||23.64%||26.54%||32.95% |
Severity of Sleepiness - during the day when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleepiness - during the day||8.11%||51.35%||29.73%||10.81% |
How people recovered from Sleepiness - during the day ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (345 people, 26.83%)
- Pain (239 people, 18.58%)
- Depression (197 people, 15.32%)
- Sleep disorder (131 people, 10.19%)
- Anxiety (110 people, 8.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (277 people, 21.54%)
- Oxycontin (203 people, 15.79%)
- Ativan (169 people, 13.14%)
- Lipitor (168 people, 13.06%)
- Aspirin (168 people, 13.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Ambien, Sleepiness - during the day
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Ambien is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ambien used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Ambien side effects from A to Z:
Browse Ambien drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
charlie russell wheaton on Jul, 27, 2013:
man-54yrs doctor said take mictonorm morning at night befor bed take tamsulosine. i have read that mictonorm cause increse in heart beat and i know its true cause my hear beat unregularly so stop traking mictonorm and the tamsulosine is not working good with me??
CRW on Jul, 27, 2013:
man-54yrs doctor Prescription was take Mictonorm Uno 30mg morning afther eating, night befor bed take Tamsulosine Sandoz 0,4mg. i have read that mictonorm cause increse in heart beat/rate and i know its true cause my hear beat unregularly, both have so many side affects so i stop traking Mictonorm Uno 30mg and the Tamsulosine Sandoz 0,4mg cause they are not working good for me??
From this study (2 years ago):
TJ on Apr, 12, 2012:
I discontinued both Prempro and Pristiq one month ago. I'm a 49 year old female who was in menapause at age 40. I have been on prempro for 9 years and different anti-depressants for 20 years. (Zoloft, Effexor, Pristiq, ....) etc. Up until now, I haven't had very many side-effects. After a month of not taking either medicine, I find some irrational thinking, hot flashes, mild depression, crying easily, and lack of sexual interest. Will these symtoms go away after I have been off these medications for a period of time?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Toxicology level for gabapentin were 55 mcg/ ml can that cause respiratory arrest?
Had just started Gralise 600mg tablets 2 days prior to respiratory arrest. Hydrocodone he had been on for a month (both were used for complex regional pain syndrome which he had just gotten due to a fall). All other medicines he had been on for 2 years. Toxicology report was 55 mcg/ mL for Gralise ...
- How many doses can i take?
I have been using cyproheptadine for two months now, twice a week. I have just ordered a hair pill call hairfinity which consist of biotin and should be taken 2 times a day. Is it good to take both pills at the same time? If not when can I take both? And how many should take a day?
- What causes low oxygen blood level
Since retiring I have been experiencing the above conditions. It seems to be progressive. My physician monitored my oxygen level for a night's duration and the level was as far down as a 69 level.
More questions for: Ambien, Sleepiness - during the day
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- I felt to be near death. no doctors could give me answers. i did my own research only to discover the truth about sleep aidsm
May of 2013 hospitalized. November 2013 hospitalized. Both times white blood count decreased dramatically. Constant fevers from 102.0-104.3 was given antibiotics, fed through my veins due to my inability to swallow and lack of appetite. These two events were the worst time of my life, very painful. ...
- Ambien causes carpal tunnel
I am a lupus patient who has come to find that I am highly sensitive to all medicines. I get immediate reactions from food and pharmaceutics. I would imagine this to be the case if I tried mariguana to alleviate symptoms. I don't think I am in the right state to try this anyway, though I have often ...
More reviews for: Ambien, Sleepiness - during the day
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Verapamil Hydrochloride, Betapace, Digoxin, Coumadin, Synthroid, Pravastatin Sodium, Ambien for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Thinner, Hypothyroidism, Hypercholesterolemia, Insomnia. The patient has Sleepiness (Drowsiness)
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem Tartrate for a patient with Sleep Aid. The patient has Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Lithium Carbonate, Ambien, Xanax, Celexa, Adderall 30, Percocet for a patient with Bipolar 1, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Addiction - Drug, Drug Addict. The patient has Sleepiness (Drowsiness), Lethargy (Fatigue), Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Depression Suicidal, Impulsive Behaviour
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax Xr, Adderall 30, Zolpidem Tartrate for a patient with No Clear Reson, Not Clear. The patient has Sleep (Drowsiness)
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Lorazepam, Effexor for a patient with Insomnia, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Sleep (Drowsiness)
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem Tartrate, Escitalopram Oxalate for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Depression. The patient has Dissociative Amnesia, Reduced Dexterity, Somnolence (Drowsiness)
- A study of drug interactions between Soma, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien, Xanax, Benadryl for a patient with Pain, Sleeplessness, Stress, Scratch Tests - Allergy. The patient has Sleepiness (Drowsiness)
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Bystolic, Accupril, Ambien Cr for a patient with Depression, Heart Rate Increased, High Blood Pressure, Insomnia. The patient has Sleepy (Drowsiness)
- A study of drug interactions between Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zolpidem for a patient with Rls, Insomnia. The patient has Sleep Paralysis, Depressed Mood, Stomach Discomfort, Drowsiness
More related studies for: Ambien, Sleepiness - during the day
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.