Review: could Ambien cause Sleepiness - during the day (Drowsiness)?
Summary: Sleepiness - during the day is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Insomnia.
We study 43,157 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,324 have Sleepiness - during the day. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleepiness - during the day and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ambien and have Sleepiness - during the day >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 46,768 Ambien users)
Sleepiness - during the day
Sleepiness - during the day (excess sleeping during day time) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 69,920 Sleepiness - during the day patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 43,150 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 1,324 people (3.07%) have Sleepiness - During The Day.
Time on Ambien when people have Sleepiness - during the day * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleepiness - during the day||43.09%||17.55%||12.23%||9.57%||10.11%||6.38%||1.06% |
Gender of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Ambien * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||58.58%||41.42% |
Age of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Ambien * :
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.17%||1.19%||4.59%||11.14%||23.72%||26.62%||32.57% |
Severity of Sleepiness - during the day when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleepiness - during the day||7.69%||51.28%||28.21%||12.82% |
How people recovered from Sleepiness - during the day ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleepiness - during the day||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (352 people, 26.59%)
- Pain (244 people, 18.43%)
- Depression (201 people, 15.18%)
- Sleep disorder (137 people, 10.35%)
- Anxiety (113 people, 8.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (280 people, 21.15%)
- Oxycontin (203 people, 15.33%)
- Ativan (171 people, 12.92%)
- Aspirin (170 people, 12.84%)
- Lipitor (169 people, 12.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleepiness - During The Day while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Sleepiness - During The Day
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Sleepiness - During The Day
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 33-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement), Sleepy, Irritability, Mania Aggravated (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 73-year old woman with Initial Insomnia. The patient has Breast Discharge
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Sleepy, Abdominal Pain, Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Welchol for a 90-year old woman who has Sleeplessness
- Comparions of Valerian, Ambien for a 38-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Zolpidem for a 82-year old woman who has Insomnia, Auto Immune Disease, Neuropathy, Spinal Stenosis, High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.