Review: could Ambien cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Pain.
We study 43,157 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 899 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ambien and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 46,768 Ambien users)
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 42,867 Sweating - excessive patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 43,150 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 899 people (2.08%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Ambien when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||29.79%||17.02%||6.38%||8.51%||23.40%||8.51%||6.38% |
Gender of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Ambien * :
|Sweating - excessive||54.37%||45.62% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Ambien * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||0.49%||5.10%||14.34%||28.19%||25.15%||26.73% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||42.11%||31.58%||26.32% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (209 people, 23.25%)
- Depression (122 people, 13.57%)
- Insomnia (118 people, 13.13%)
- Anxiety (83 people, 9.23%)
- Sleep disorder (81 people, 9.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (205 people, 22.80%)
- Oxycontin (203 people, 22.58%)
- Neurontin (183 people, 20.36%)
- Aspirin (170 people, 18.91%)
- Celebrex (138 people, 15.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ambien and sweating - excessive on
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 73-year old woman with Initial Insomnia. The patient has Breast Discharge
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 33-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 82-year old man with Melanin. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Welchol for a 90-year old woman who has Sleeplessness
- Comparions of Valerian, Ambien for a 38-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Zolpidem for a 82-year old woman who has Insomnia, Auto Immune Disease, Neuropathy, Spinal Stenosis, High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.