Review: could Ambien cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Pain.
We study 43,157 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 899 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ambien and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 46,777 Ambien users)
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 42,867 Sweating - excessive patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 43,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 899 people (2.08%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Ambien when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||29.79%||17.02%||6.38%||8.51%||23.40%||8.51%||6.38% |
Gender of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Ambien * :
|Sweating - excessive||54.37%||45.62% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Ambien * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||0.49%||5.10%||14.34%||28.19%||25.15%||26.73% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||42.11%||31.58%||26.32% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (209 people, 23.25%)
- Depression (122 people, 13.57%)
- Insomnia (118 people, 13.13%)
- Anxiety (83 people, 9.23%)
- Sleep disorder (81 people, 9.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (205 people, 22.80%)
- Oxycontin (203 people, 22.58%)
- Neurontin (183 people, 20.36%)
- Aspirin (170 people, 18.91%)
- Celebrex (138 people, 15.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ambien and sweating - excessive on
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Pravachol, Humalog, Ambien, Lamictal, Lisinopril for a 39-year old man with Hyperlipidaemia, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned), Bipolar Ii Disorder, Microalbuminuria.
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a 56-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium Oxide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Lorazepam, Sucralfate for a 51-year old woman with Lower Blood Pressure, Heart Rate Increased, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Gastric Ulcer. The patient has Hot Flushes
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem for a 34-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Lorazepam, Fluoxetine for a 29-year old woman with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Stress And Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Chloasma
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 25, Ambien, Lyrica, Marijuana, Oxycodone for a 38-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Ambien, Morphine Sulfate, Percocet for a 41-year old woman who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Ambien, Imipramine Hydrochloride, Vistaril for a 18-year old girl who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Zolpidem Tartrate for a 58-year old man who has Depression And Insomnia
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.