Review: could Ambien cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 43,157 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 390 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ambien and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 46,768 Ambien users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,523 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Mar, 20, 2015: 43,150 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 392 people (0.91%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Ambien when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||60.00%||26.67%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Ambien * :
|Urinary incontinence||62.60%||37.40% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Ambien * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.30%||0.90%||2.10%||13.47%||20.06%||25.15%||38.02% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||12.50%||50.00%||25.00%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (60 people, 15.31%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (55 people, 14.03%)
- Anxiety (44 people, 11.22%)
- Insomnia (41 people, 10.46%)
- Multiple myeloma (32 people, 8.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (130 people, 33.16%)
- Xanax (102 people, 26.02%)
- Prilosec (98 people, 25.00%)
- Protonix (83 people, 21.17%)
- Aspirin (81 people, 20.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ambien and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 73-year old woman with Initial Insomnia. The patient has Breast Discharge
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 82-year old man with Melanin. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Advil, Ambien, Ponstel, Yasmin, Clonazepam, Adderall for a 28-year old woman with Inflammation, Insomnia, Menstrual Cramp Relief, Birth Control, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Onycholysis
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary (involuntary leakage of urine)
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Welchol for a 90-year old woman who has Sleeplessness
- Comparions of Valerian, Ambien for a 38-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Zolpidem for a 82-year old woman who has Insomnia, Auto Immune Disease, Neuropathy, Spinal Stenosis, High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.