Home > Ambien > Weight loss > Ambien and Weight loss
Review: could Ambien cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 43,106 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 449 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ambien and have Weight loss >>>
Ambien (latest outcomes from 46,715 users) has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia.
Weight loss (latest reports from 16,911 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 43,096 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 449 people (1.04%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Ambien when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||0.00%||7.14%||7.14%||28.57%||21.43%||28.57%||7.14% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Ambien * :
|Weight loss||68.18%||31.82% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Ambien * :
|Weight loss||0.50%||0.00%||0.25%||5.20%||20.05%||30.94%||18.81%||24.26% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (118 people, 26.28%)
- Bipolar disorder (104 people, 23.16%)
- Insomnia (91 people, 20.27%)
- Sleep disorder (82 people, 18.26%)
- Anxiety (72 people, 16.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (218 people, 48.55%)
- Zometa (113 people, 25.17%)
- Protonix (112 people, 24.94%)
- Lisinopril (104 people, 23.16%)
- Risperdal (103 people, 22.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Can ambien causing euphoria and the jitters
(Asked by a 19 year old boy who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Feeling Jittery, and takes Ambien)
After taking the ambien to help me sleep I feel euphoric and jittery rather than calmed. I take an anti-depressant in the morning composed of M folic acids.
- Does diovan 320 improve kidney function and reduce creatinine?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Overweight)
I was diabetic and was under oral medication. i am OK now I only take some care with my food and my diabetes is within the limit and under control.
- Can ambien or phentermine cause a subarachnoid hemmorage
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Phentermine 37gms, and takes Ambien)
Subarachnoid hemmorage, no anuerysms found. Discharged after 16days. Have occasional headaches.
More questions for: Ambien, Weight loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
(Posted by a 82 year old man who has Weight Loss, and takes Flomax)
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Weight loss taking lipitor
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Lost All Body Muscles And Weight Loss, Weight Loss)
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- Zolpidem er side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder, Sleeping Difficulty, and takes Zolpidem Tartrate)
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
More reviews for: Ambien, Weight loss
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Avodart, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Sleep Disorder, Poor Quality Sleep, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Chronic Depression. The patient has Cloudy Verticle Line In Right Eye, A Visual Field Defect
Comments: Milky white cloudy vertical line in left side of visual field of the right eye only subsequent to cataract surgery and implantation of Crystallens IOL. This line appears to be capable of retracting white light into a vertical straight "rainbow" along the inner edge of the vertical blurry white line ...
- A study of side effects of Zolpidem Tatrate for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has
Comments: I had my fifth lumbar surgery six weeks ago with incision infection week 2 which required a return to the hospital for seven days of IV antibiotic treatment and one day of oral antibiotic treatment. My incision is still red and swollen, and my back is very weak.
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Xanax, Soma for a patient with Insomnia, Separation Anxiety, Chronic Insomnia. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: The has been coming on for quite a few years but I thought it was from shoes worn when younger. In 2013 it was too noticeable to be ignored and I was told it was plural neuropathy and it was permanent. No treatment was recommended.Have had chronic insomnia for 21 years. Some helps with DDD.
- A study of drug interactions between Relpax, Ambien, Melatonin, Singulair, Ritalin, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Namenda Xr, Lamotrigine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Headaches, Insomnia, Chronic Insomnia, Allergy, Add, Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Memory Impairment, Cyclothymic Disorder, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Frequent Headaches, Postnasal Drip
Comments: Depression diagnosed first, and eventually identified as cyclothymia. Arthritis second. Hypothyroid and high cholesterol next. Headaches resolved with menopause, but have come back. Allergic reactions to unknown things about same time as headaches.
More related studies for: Ambien, Weight loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.