Review: could Ambien cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 43,157 people who have side effects while taking Ambien from FDA and social media. Among them, 454 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ambien and have Weight loss >>>
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 46,768 Ambien users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,305 Weight loss patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 43,150 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien. Among them, 449 people (1.04%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Ambien when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||0.00%||7.14%||7.14%||28.57%||21.43%||28.57%||7.14% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Ambien * :
|Weight loss||68.18%||31.82% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Ambien * :
|Weight loss||0.50%||0.00%||0.25%||5.20%||20.05%||30.94%||18.81%||24.26% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Ambien ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (118 people, 26.28%)
- Bipolar disorder (104 people, 23.16%)
- Insomnia (91 people, 20.27%)
- Sleep disorder (82 people, 18.26%)
- Anxiety (72 people, 16.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (218 people, 48.55%)
- Zometa (113 people, 25.17%)
- Protonix (112 people, 24.94%)
- Lisinopril (104 people, 23.16%)
- Risperdal (103 people, 22.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ambien and weight loss on
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Ambien?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Ambien and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Ambien
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 73-year old woman with Initial Insomnia. The patient has Breast Discharge
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 82-year old man with Melanin. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Advil, Ambien, Ponstel, Yasmin, Clonazepam, Adderall for a 28-year old woman with Inflammation, Insomnia, Menstrual Cramp Relief, Birth Control, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Add. The patient has Fatigue, Onycholysis
- A study of side effects of Ambien for a 32-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Swollen Tongue (swelling of tongue)
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
Recent Ambien related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Restoril, Ambien for a 69-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Welchol for a 90-year old woman who has Sleeplessness
- Comparions of Valerian, Ambien for a 38-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Azathioprine, Zolpidem for a 82-year old woman who has Insomnia, Auto Immune Disease, Neuropathy, Spinal Stenosis, High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.