Ambien and Weight loss - from FDA reports
Weight loss is found among people who take Ambien, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Weight loss with Ambien. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 62,274 people who have side effects when taking Ambien from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 17, 2017
62,274 people reported to have side effects when taking Ambien.
Among them, 480 people (0.77%) have Weight loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ambien when people have Weight loss *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 33.33 %
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Ambien *:
- female: 68.14 %
- male: 31.86 %
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Ambien *:
- 0-1: 0.5 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.25 %
- 20-29: 5.49 %
- 30-39: 19.45 %
- 40-49: 29.68 %
- 50-59: 19.7 %
- 60+: 24.94 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (113 people, 23.54%)
- Bipolar Disorder (100 people, 20.83%)
- Stress And Anxiety (71 people, 14.79%)
- Pain (41 people, 8.54%)
- High Blood Pressure (34 people, 7.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (212 people, 44.17%)
- Zometa (127 people, 26.46%)
- Protonix (123 people, 25.62%)
- Lisinopril (109 people, 22.71%)
- Risperdal (107 people, 22.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (197 people, 41.04%)
- Pain (178 people, 37.08%)
- Stress And Anxiety (168 people, 35.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (167 people, 34.79%)
- Back Pain (148 people, 30.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Weight loss when taking Ambien?
- Check symptoms - is weight loss caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWeight loss and drugs with ingredients of zolpidem tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWeight loss and Ambien from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Ambien 68,346 users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure (latest reports from 30,775 Weight loss patients).
Browse all side effects of Ambiena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Weight lossWeight loss
Could your condition cause Weight lossWeight loss
What would happen?
Questions to the study
i forgot to add to my post that I believe my weight loss of 20 lbs over the last 5 years is from the temazepam. Any suggestions or comments, I am very thin, and cannot gain weight, especially the weight i lost.
I am 27 and have been on Bactrim for about 7 weeks due to a Staph Infection after a Felon in my finger. I have lost 25lbs in this time and it is starting to worry me. I haven't weighed 175lb since the 7th grade. Anyone have any insight or experiences like this on Bactrim?
User reviews to the study
I have an indiana pouch due to the face that my own bladder was so bad from IC. Now I am getting just as many infections and I don't know why. I am immunie to most antibiotics because I have taken so many since about 1994.
Hi, my name is Mary, I am 53 yr old white female originally from midwest. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease at 20 yeears old. Fibromyalgia came along at about 50 years of age and then RA right after that! Right now all I do is survive day to day. I can't quit my job b/c my job provides ...
hi I have been on Temazepan for the last 5 years, 25 milligrams. I am thinking of going off it. I have tried twice without success. Any suggestons, or better substitutes. I am an active 82 year old female