Review: could Amiodarone hydrochloride cause Ataxia (Movement - uncoordinated)?
Summary: Ataxia is reported only by a few people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride.
We study 2,595 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Ataxia. Find out below who they are, when they have Ataxia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Ataxia >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Amiodarone hydrochloride 2,830 users)
Ataxia (loss of full control of bodily movements) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, epilepsy, high blood pressure, convulsion.(latest reports from Ataxia 8,734 patients)
On Dec, 3, 2014: 2,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 3 people (0.12%) have Ataxia.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Ataxia * :
Gender of people who have Ataxia when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Ataxia when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
Severity of Ataxia when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Ataxia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Tachyarrhythmia (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoprolol succinate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Atorvastatin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid (1 people, 33.33%)
- Isosorbide dinitrate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Simvastatin (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ataxia while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Ataxia
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Ataxia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Nausea, Skin Blushing/flushing, Migraine Without Aura, and takes Cordarone)
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- Used amiodarone hcl for 3yrs
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Face Discolored, Blue Grey, and takes Amiodarone Hcl)
off amiodarone hcl for 5 months, how long a period does discolor takes to fade away to get back to normal color skin. thanks
- Will ataxia symptoms disappear once zoloft is stopped
(Asked by a 85 year old woman who has Ataxia, and takes Zoloft)
85 year old mom was given zoloft 4 weeks after hip replacement due to a fall. Prior to zoloft she was recovering great. Since zoloft her weakness has steadily gotten worst to now not being able to walk. Ataxia symptoms. Dr wants to wean off zoloft. My concern will the weakness go away and will she ...
- Can i take zantac with bystolic medication
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Bystolic)
has runny nose, eyes are red and watery along with mild sternum pressure with mild sweating, hiccups. Is this a warning for heart problems or just a bad case of allergy? Please help.
- Cause of liver function derangement, alp 185, ggt 175, but normal alt amd ast? also unexplained thrombocytopenia.
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Adenocarcinoma Of Lung, and takes Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate, Xarelto, Midazolam Hydrochloride, Foscavir, Precedex, Ketamine Hydrochloride)
A 76 years old male with known history of KRAS Non-small-cell Adenocarcinoma, status post-left upper lobe lobectomy in November 2010, suggestive of CA lung recurrence with multiple intra-pulmonary metastases in June 2012. Started the following 3-weekly chemotherapy on 7th July: Alimta 870mg (500mg/ ...
More questions for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Ataxia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Psychotic episode post amiodarone
(Posted by a 83 year old woman who has Loss Of Memory, Delusional Disorder, Unspecified Type, Psychosis, and takes Amiodarone Hydrochloride)
83 year old female post amiodarone and pacemaker insertion had acute episode of psychosis, memory loss, became delusional. Symptoms were primarily targeted to live in daughter. Psychosis became somewhat dormant with frequent exacerbation and eruptions. This patient was previously intact emotiona ...
More reviews for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Ataxia
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Droperidol, Haloperidol for a patient with Dystonia, Psychosis, Schizophrenia Simple. The patient has Sphincter Of Oddi Dysfunction, Muscle Weakness, Balance Disorder, Cramps - Leg, Clumsiness, Insomnia
Comments: I was diagnosed with MND IN 2012. Changed to Functional Disorder in 2013. Changed to Tardive Dystonia in 2014.
None of these diagnoses fit. I have had 2 EMG's of which I obtained a copy of the results ad. The first one does indicate MND, but there was no further deterioration. Therefore it was ...
- A study of side effects of Androgel for a patient with Low Thyroid. The patient has Loss Of Coordination
Comments: I was on Androgel for about 3 years. I felt fine the entire time. Later, a new insurance plan re-tested me and told me I did not need it. I said "great", one less thing to deal with. Then over the next 6, 9, 12 months and beyond I noticed a LARGE decrease in my athletic abilities. My tennis game dro ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Blindness Unilateral
Comments: I had two successful cataract surgeries (right/left) in 2009. 2011 a bout of afib, hospitalized, put on Amiodarone for high dose for 14 days then the dose cut in half, continued on it for over one year, eyes started to hurt feeling as if they were too large for socket, eyesight started to deteriorat ...
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Nexium, Vitamin B1, Mirtazapine for a patient with Low Back Pain, Reflux Oesophagitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Generalized Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Trembling Legs, Sensitivity To Heat, Altered Visual Depth Perception, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear, Sensation Of Heaviness, General Physical Health Deterioration, Numbness And Tingling, Teeth Grinding And Clenching, Neck Tightness, Headache, Negative Thoughts, Thoughts - Cloudy, Self Esteem Decreased, Sweating Increased, Nightmares, Loss Of Coordination, Nausea, Impaired Memory, Impaired Self-care, Pelvic Discomfort, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Fear, Difficulty In Walking, Dyskinesia, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Photophobia Aggravated, Crying, Loss Of Libido, Apathy, Personal Withdrawal, Compulsive Lip Biting, Cognitive Deterioration, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Hair Loss, Neglect Of Personal Appearance, Depersonalisation, Derealisation, Dizziness, Tinnitus, Muscle Aches, Tachycardia, Palpitations, Withdrawal Syndrome, Dopesickness, Night Sweats, Suicidal Ideation, Emotional Distress, Depression, Fatigue Aggravated, Fatigue - Chronic, Muscle Cramps, Muscle Twitching, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Confusion, Chills, Tremor, Dystonia, Agitation
Comments: Previously using and recently withdrawn from the following medications: morphine (replaced by suboxone) moclobemide and duloxetine (replaced wita time of intense personal crisis and during an emotional breakdown. Some symptoms existed prior to change in medication, some are new and some have been wo ...
More related studies for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Ataxia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.