Home > Amiodarone > Ataxia > Amiodarone and Ataxia
Review: could Amiodarone cause Ataxia (Movement - uncoordinated)?
We study 2,595 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Ataxia. Find out below who they are, when they have Ataxia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Ataxia >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 2,830 users) has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Ataxia (loss of full control of bodily movements) (latest reports from 43,591 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, epilepsy, high blood pressure, convulsion.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 2,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 3 people (0.12%) have Ataxia.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Ataxia * :
Gender of people who have Ataxia when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Ataxia when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
Severity of Ataxia when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Ataxia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Tachyarrhythmia (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoprolol succinate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Atorvastatin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid (1 people, 33.33%)
- Isosorbide dinitrate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Simvastatin (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ataxia while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Ataxia
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Ataxia
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Used amiodarone hcl for 3yrs
off amiodarone hcl for 5 months, how long a period does discolor takes to fade away to get back to normal color skin. thanks
- Will ataxia symptoms disappear once zoloft is stopped
85 year old mom was given zoloft 4 weeks after hip replacement due to a fall. Prior to zoloft she was recovering great. Since zoloft her weakness has steadily gotten worst to now not being able to walk. Ataxia symptoms. Dr wants to wean off zoloft. My concern will the weakness go away and will she ...
- Can i take zantac with bystolic medication
has runny nose, eyes are red and watery along with mild sternum pressure with mild sweating, hiccups. Is this a warning for heart problems or just a bad case of allergy? Please help.
- Cause of liver function derangement, alp 185, ggt 175, but normal alt amd ast? also unexplained thrombocytopenia.
A 76 years old male with known history of KRAS Non-small-cell Adenocarcinoma, status post-left upper lobe lobectomy in November 2010, suggestive of CA lung recurrence with multiple intra-pulmonary metastases in June 2012. Started the following 3-weekly chemotherapy on 7th July: Alimta 870mg (500mg/ ...
- Ihave had atrial fibrillation in the past now fixed with p.v.i. need to stop smoking can i use 'nicorrete'?
As I have had several episodes of AF and now seem to be under control due to a P.V.I. procedure I am really keen hot to go backwards as many would know the disruption to life and discomfort AF causes is not good, I really need to stop smoking but if I am pre disposed to A.F. what is the risk in Nico ...
- Is there a correllation between diphenhydramine usage and congestive heart failure?
I have been a diabetic for 15 yrs, insulin dependent for 8 yrs. I was diagnosed with CHF in July of 2012. I have had two more episodes where I have decompensated, the most recent at the time of this writing (7/6). I took 2 doses of 50 mg Benadyl each about 4=5 hrs. apart. I was fine last night when ...
- Would severe shoulder pain from rotator cuff over an extended period of time cause a person who has a history of atrial fibralation (& is taking rx for it) actually go into atrial fibralation?
He is a very active 96 year old. Very sharp mind. Good physical condition for age. For about 2 weeks he has been having a lot of pain in his right shoulder...probably rotator cuff. I've been trying to get him to go have it looked at...thinking a cordisone shot might help, but he has be putting i ...
- Can i have possibly developed brain damage by combining methadone, phenergan, vistaril, prilosec, aleve,
Day of mixture:
Falling asleep, nodding out, can't keep eyes ooen,drinking drinks that didn't exist ans smoking ciggs that were not there, thought was talking to grandma on phone, but wass not; since then habe bare coordination.
- Finished alcohol detox yesterday. still feeling clumsy and slurred speech
Did a 5 day detox. Just left yesterday. About an hour and a half i took 1/2 milligram of ativan. Mome again for the 5 days. They gave me librium. My pulse and blood pressure were high. Two days into detox they gave me something for my blood pressure, which helped. Yesterday morning they gave me one ...
More questions for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Ataxia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Psychotic episode post amiodarone
83 year old female post amiodarone and pacemaker insertion had acute episode of psychosis, memory loss, became delusional. Symptoms were primarily targeted to live in daughter. Psychosis became somewhat dormant with frequent exacerbation and eruptions. This patient was previously intact emotiona ...
More reviews for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Ataxia
On eHealthMe, Amiodarone Hydrochloride (amiodarone hydrochloride) is often used for atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below the conditions Amiodarone Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amiodarone Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Ataxia
Recent Amiodarone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Heparin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Levophed for a 80-year old woman who has Low Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Pradaxa for a 60-year old man who has Arrhythmia
- Comparions of Furosemide, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 77-year old man who has Carl Schwanderlik
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Spironolactone, Furosemide, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 25-year old man who has Ventricular Arrhythmia
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate (Sandoz) - 12MG, Amiodarone Hydrochloride (Taro) - 400MG for a 67-year old man who has Arrhythmia
- Comparions of Pradaxa, Tylenol (Mcneil Cons) - 120MG, Pacerone for a 62-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Amiodarone Hydrochloride (Intl Medication Sys) - 50MG/ML, Pradaxa (Boehringer Ingelheim) - 150MG for a 72-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide (Watson Labs) - 5MG;6.25MG, Sotalol Hydrochloride (Genpharm) - 80MG, Amiodarone Hydrochloride (Taro) - 100MG for a 61-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium (Teva) - 20MG, Warfarin Sodium (Barr) - 5MG, Amiodarone Hydrochloride (Teva Pharms) - 200MG for a 66-year old woman who has A-fib
More related comparison studies for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Ataxia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (29 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (33 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (45 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (47 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (59 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Atrioventricular Conduction Time Shortened
- Cushing Syndrome Due To Adrenal Tumor
- Coagulation Factor Viii Level Increased
- Lipodystrophy Congenital