Review: could Amiodarone hydrochloride cause Hyperthyroidism?
Summary: Hyperthyroidism is found among people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Warfarin sodium, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 2,600 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 43 have Hyperthyroidism. Find out below who they are, when they have Hyperthyroidism and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Hyperthyroidism >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 2,835 Amiodarone hydrochloride users)
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, hypothyroidism, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 8,102 Hyperthyroidism patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 2,600 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 45 people (1.73%) have Hyperthyroidism.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Hyperthyroidism * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
Severity of Hyperthyroidism when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hyperthyroidism ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (10 people, 22.22%)
- Arrhythmia (5 people, 11.11%)
- Hyperthyroidism (5 people, 11.11%)
- Oesophageal disorder (5 people, 11.11%)
- Epilepsy (5 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Warfarin sodium (8 people, 17.78%)
- Omeprazole (6 people, 13.33%)
- Valproate sodium (6 people, 13.33%)
- Phenytoin sodium (4 people, 8.89%)
- Neo-mercazole tab (4 people, 8.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Amiodarone hydrochloride and hyperthyroidism on
Do you have Hyperthyroidism while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Hyperthyroidism
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Hyperthyroidism
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Anaprox, Acebutolol Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 49-year old woman with Endometriosis, Heart Rate Irregular. The patient has Rotator Cuff Pain, Left Shoulder
- A study of drug interactions between Coumadin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 72-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Arrhythmia, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Coumadin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril for a 59-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Arrhythmia, Atrial Flutter. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Lasix, Coumadin, Coreg for a 77-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation, Heart Failure. The patient has Orthostatic Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Flonase, Zyrtec, Singulair, Lexapro, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cytomel, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 40-year old woman with Hereditary Angioedema, Aging Changes In The Bones - Muscles - Joints, Decreased Activity, Hypothyroidism, Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Irritability, Constipation, Hyperthyroidism
Recent Amiodarone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.