Home > Amiodarone hydrochloride > Hyperthyroidism > Amiodarone hydrochloride and Hyperthyroidism
Review: could Amiodarone hydrochloride cause Hyperthyroidism?
Summary: Hyperthyroidism is found among people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Warfarin sodium, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 2,595 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Hyperthyroidism. Find out below who they are, when they have Hyperthyroidism and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Hyperthyroidism >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 2,830 users) has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) (latest reports from 30,736 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, hypothyroidism, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 2,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 45 people (1.73%) have Hyperthyroidism.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Hyperthyroidism * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
Severity of Hyperthyroidism when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hyperthyroidism ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (10 people, 22.22%)
- Arrhythmia (5 people, 11.11%)
- Hyperthyroidism (5 people, 11.11%)
- Oesophageal disorder (5 people, 11.11%)
- Epilepsy (5 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Warfarin sodium (8 people, 17.78%)
- Omeprazole (6 people, 13.33%)
- Valproate sodium (6 people, 13.33%)
- Phenytoin sodium (4 people, 8.89%)
- Neo-mercazole tab (4 people, 8.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hyperthyroidism while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Hyperthyroidism
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Hyperthyroidism
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Nausea, Skin Blushing/flushing, Migraine Without Aura, and takes Cordarone)
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- Can aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera help overactive thyroid?
(Asked by a 14 year old girl who has Overactive Thyroid, and takes Aphanizomenon Flos-aquae)
can aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera help Overactive thyroid? i got 14 year female that have Overactive thyroid and easy to get tired.
If her condition tired she got alot of pimple and very weak.
I got aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera to helping her. but not sure if t ...
- Can venlafaxine hydrochloride (effexor) cause hyperthyroidism in elderly women?
(Asked by a 91 year old woman who has Hyperthyroidism, and takes Effexor)
She was diagnosed with Hashimoto disease in her 40s and treated with thyroid supplements until her mid 80s. After taking Effexor for more than one year, she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism at 88.
- Used amiodarone hcl for 3yrs
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Face Discolored, Blue Grey, and takes Amiodarone Hcl)
off amiodarone hcl for 5 months, how long a period does discolor takes to fade away to get back to normal color skin. thanks
- What interactions have been reported while taking lisinopri 5lmg; amlodipine besylate 5mg; and matopril tartrate 25mg
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypertension,, Hyperthyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levoxyl, Livalo, Zetia, Effient, Folic Acid, Omega-3, Centrum Silver, Aspirin)
trying to determine if the above list of drugs are safely taken on a daily bases and if any interact causing adverse symptoms. recently had severe episodes of chest pain,test resulted in no heart attack or pulmonary embolism.
Am concerned medications could be causing my symptoms
More questions for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Hyperthyroidism
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Psychotic episode post amiodarone
(Posted by a 83 year old woman who has Loss Of Memory, Delusional Disorder, Unspecified Type, Psychosis, and takes Amiodarone Hydrochloride)
83 year old female post amiodarone and pacemaker insertion had acute episode of psychosis, memory loss, became delusional. Symptoms were primarily targeted to live in daughter. Psychosis became somewhat dormant with frequent exacerbation and eruptions. This patient was previously intact emotiona ...
More reviews for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Hyperthyroidism
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of side effects of Pacerone for a patient with A-fib. The patient has A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia)
Comments: Possible side effects of hyperthyroidism
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium Chloride 10meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lasix, Tenormin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Counteract The Lasix Depleting Potassium, Hypothyroidism, Hbp, Heart Failure, A-fib. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: diarrhea continues even tho switched from multaq to Amiodarone 100mg. day.
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Sinus Arrhythmia. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down
Comments: just on drugs , concerned about side effects. ICD has been inserted recently
- A study of drug interactions between Methimazole, Xanax, Zimovane, Tramadol, Fentanyl, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Graves Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder, Back Disorder, Suicide Attempt. The patient has Overactive Thyroid
Comments: I was on lithium when first diagnosed with Graves disease-now stopped. I had a few episodes of what is understood to be serotonin syndrome. I had submandibular gland removed 3 years ago. I had bad foot infection (both feet) 3 years ago. I always suffered with depression and anxiety/social always. I ...
More related studies for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Hyperthyroidism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Shortness Of Breath and Androgel
- Botox and Wegener's Granulomatosis
- Methylprednisolone and Shingles
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: I was on sulfasalazine for about 3 1/2 months. My stomach ... (8 hours ago)
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (1 day ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (2 days ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (5 hours ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (6 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (23 hours ago)