Review: could Amiodarone hydrochloride cause Low blood pressure (Hypotension)?
Summary: Low blood pressure is found among people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 2,600 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 147 have Low blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Low blood pressure >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 2,835 Amiodarone hydrochloride users)
Low blood pressure
Low blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 107,424 Low blood pressure patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 2,600 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 147 people (5.65%) have Low Blood Pressure.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Low blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood pressure||65.00%||15.00%||15.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.00% |
Gender of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Low blood pressure||33.95%||66.05% |
Age of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Low blood pressure||0.68%||0.00%||0.00%||0.68%||4.05%||6.76%||7.43%||80.41% |
Severity of Low blood pressure when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood pressure||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Low blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (12 people, 8.16%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 8.16%)
- Pneumonia (11 people, 7.48%)
- Ventricular tachycardia (10 people, 6.80%)
- Arrhythmia (9 people, 6.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (39 people, 26.53%)
- Furosemide (38 people, 25.85%)
- Digoxin (27 people, 18.37%)
- Lasix (26 people, 17.69%)
- Potassium chloride (23 people, 15.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amiodarone hydrochloride and low blood pressure on
Do you have Low Blood Pressure while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Low Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Low Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Sotalol Hydrochloride for a 59-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Hypotension, Hypotension
- A study of side effects of Celexa for a 69-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Low Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Zopiclone for a 69-year old man with Sleeplessness. The patient has Low Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
Recent Amiodarone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.