Review: could Amiodarone hydrochloride cause Osteonecrosis of jaw?
Summary: Osteonecrosis of jaw is reported only by a few people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride.
We study 2,599 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Osteonecrosis of jaw. Find out below who they are, when they have Osteonecrosis of jaw and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Osteonecrosis of jaw >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 2,834 Amiodarone hydrochloride users)
Osteonecrosis of jaw
Osteonecrosis of jaw (death of bone of jaw) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, osteopenia, breast cancer. (latest reports from 14,665 Osteonecrosis of jaw patients)
On Feb, 11, 2015: 2,599 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 5 people (0.19%) have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Osteonecrosis of jaw * :
Gender of people who have Osteonecrosis of jaw when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Osteonecrosis of jaw||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have Osteonecrosis of jaw when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Osteonecrosis of jaw||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Osteonecrosis of jaw when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Osteonecrosis of jaw ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (2 people, 40.00%)
- Inflammation (1 people, 20.00%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (1 people, 20.00%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (5 people, 100.00%)
- Coumadin (4 people, 80.00%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 60.00%)
- Aredia (3 people, 60.00%)
- Prednisone (3 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Anaprox, Acebutolol Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 49-year old woman with Endometriosis, Heart Rate Irregular. The patient has Rotator Cuff Pain, Left Shoulder
- A study of drug interactions between Coumadin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 72-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Arrhythmia, Congestive Heart Failure - Left, Atrial Fibrillation, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Coumadin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lisinopril for a 59-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Arrhythmia, Atrial Flutter. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Lasix, Coumadin, Coreg for a 77-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation, Heart Failure. The patient has Orthostatic Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 72-year old man with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Recent Amiodarone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.