Review: could Amiodarone hydrochloride cause Osteonecrosis of jaw?
Summary: Osteonecrosis of jaw is reported only by a few people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride.
We study 2,595 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Osteonecrosis of jaw. Find out below who they are, when they have Osteonecrosis of jaw and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Osteonecrosis of jaw >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Amiodarone hydrochloride 2,830 users)
Osteonecrosis of jaw
Osteonecrosis of jaw (death of bone of jaw) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, osteopenia, breast cancer.(latest reports from Osteonecrosis of jaw 14,665 patients)
On Dec, 9, 2014: 2,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 5 people (0.19%) have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Osteonecrosis of jaw * :
Gender of people who have Osteonecrosis of jaw when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Osteonecrosis of jaw||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have Osteonecrosis of jaw when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Osteonecrosis of jaw||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Osteonecrosis of jaw when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Osteonecrosis of jaw ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (2 people, 40.00%)
- Inflammation (1 people, 20.00%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (1 people, 20.00%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (5 people, 100.00%)
- Coumadin (4 people, 80.00%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 60.00%)
- Aredia (3 people, 60.00%)
- Prednisone (3 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Osteonecrosis Of Jaw
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Nausea, Skin Blushing/flushing, Migraine Without Aura, and takes Cordarone)
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- Used amiodarone hcl for 3yrs
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Face Discolored, Blue Grey, and takes Amiodarone Hcl)
off amiodarone hcl for 5 months, how long a period does discolor takes to fade away to get back to normal color skin. thanks
- Can i take zantac with bystolic medication
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Bystolic)
has runny nose, eyes are red and watery along with mild sternum pressure with mild sweating, hiccups. Is this a warning for heart problems or just a bad case of allergy? Please help.
- Cause of liver function derangement, alp 185, ggt 175, but normal alt amd ast? also unexplained thrombocytopenia.
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Adenocarcinoma Of Lung, and takes Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate, Xarelto, Midazolam Hydrochloride, Foscavir, Precedex, Ketamine Hydrochloride)
A 76 years old male with known history of KRAS Non-small-cell Adenocarcinoma, status post-left upper lobe lobectomy in November 2010, suggestive of CA lung recurrence with multiple intra-pulmonary metastases in June 2012. Started the following 3-weekly chemotherapy on 7th July: Alimta 870mg (500mg/ ...
- Ihave had atrial fibrillation in the past now fixed with p.v.i. need to stop smoking can i use 'nicorrete'?
(Asked by a 53 year old man who takes Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium, Atorvastatin Calcium)
As I have had several episodes of AF and now seem to be under control due to a P.V.I. procedure I am really keen hot to go backwards as many would know the disruption to life and discomfort AF causes is not good, I really need to stop smoking but if I am pre disposed to A.F. what is the risk in Nico ...
More questions for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Osteonecrosis of jaw
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Psychotic episode post amiodarone
(Posted by a 83 year old woman who has Loss Of Memory, Delusional Disorder, Unspecified Type, Psychosis, and takes Amiodarone Hydrochloride)
83 year old female post amiodarone and pacemaker insertion had acute episode of psychosis, memory loss, became delusional. Symptoms were primarily targeted to live in daughter. Psychosis became somewhat dormant with frequent exacerbation and eruptions. This patient was previously intact emotiona ...
More reviews for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Osteonecrosis of jaw
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Blindness Unilateral
Comments: I had two successful cataract surgeries (right/left) in 2009. 2011 a bout of afib, hospitalized, put on Amiodarone for high dose for 14 days then the dose cut in half, continued on it for over one year, eyes started to hurt feeling as if they were too large for socket, eyesight started to deteriorat ...
- A study of drug interactions between Indomethacin, Zyrtec, Tylenol, Folic Acid, Prednisone, Toprol-xl, Synthroid, Lipitor, Benicar, Lasix, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain In Swelling Hand, Cough And Sneezing, Pain From Swelling Hand, To Treat Side Effect Of Synthroid, Swelling, High Blood Pressure, Low Thyroid, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Irregular Heartbeat. The patient has Cough, Weight Loss, Hand Swelling Bruising On Both Arms,
Comments: I take Benicar, Toprol and aspirin for high blood pressure. I take Lasix for swelling hand and blood pressure. Lipitor for high cholesterol. I take prednisone and indomethacin for swelling hand pain. Synthroid for low thyroid due to amiodarone. Zyrtec for sneezing. I take Tylenol for hand swelling p ...
- A study of side effects of Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with A-fib. The patient has Sudden Onset Of Aggression And Paranoid
Comments: began taking amiodarone hcl a month ago after going through a rough period of infedctions high heart rate, stroke like symptoms and dimensia chrarcteristics. Is now paranoid and aggressive toward family car givers.
Could this be a side effect of this drug?
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Spironolactone, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Cardiomyopathy, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Edema, Hair Loss, Constipation, Diarrhea, Hoarseness, Shortness Of Breath, Stomach Cramps, Indigestion, Swelling
Comments: Symptoms vary, but throat swelling has worsened. Each time medication is adjusted, symptoms increase. Overdose on Levothyroxine (double dosage) was severe enough to cause inability to walk barely a few steps, followed by diarrhea, stomach cramps and flu like symptoms that lasted a week or more.
More related studies for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Osteonecrosis of jaw
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.