Review: could Amiodarone hydrochloride cause Parkinson's disease?
Summary: Parkinson's disease is found among people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Lactulose, and have Epilepsy.
We study 2,595 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Parkinson's disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Parkinson's disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Parkinson's disease >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Amiodarone hydrochloride 2,830 users)
Parkinson's disease has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia.(latest reports from Parkinson's disease 23,890 patients)
On Dec, 2, 2014: 2,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 9 people (0.35%) have Parkinson's Disease.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Parkinson's disease * :
Gender of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Parkinson's disease||73.33%||26.67% |
Age of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Parkinson's disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||92.31% |
Severity of Parkinson's disease when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Parkinson's disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (4 people, 44.44%)
- Pain in extremity (4 people, 44.44%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (4 people, 44.44%)
- Atrial fibrillation (2 people, 22.22%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lactulose (8 people, 88.89%)
- Depakene (8 people, 88.89%)
- Quinapril (8 people, 88.89%)
- Gabapentin (8 people, 88.89%)
- Clopidogrel bisulfate (8 people, 88.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Parkinson's Disease while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Parkinson's Disease
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Parkinson's Disease
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Nausea, Skin Blushing/flushing, Migraine Without Aura, and takes Cordarone)
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- Has anyone with parkinson's tried stem cell therapy?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
I would like to supplement the azilect I take with natural products that will hopefully keep my symptoms stable at least for as long as possible. I'm also very interested in finding out more about the benefit of stem cell therapy.
- My husband has been diagnosed with early onset parkinsons at 45. vomiting in the early morning has always been a symptom long before they put him on medications. any ideas? it is not acid reflux.
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Vomiting , Parkinson's Disease)
Anxiety and acid reflux have been ruled out. He does not have high blood pressure.
- Can a person with parkinson's take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Garcinia Cambogia)
looking to lose some wait around my stomach area to releave my lower back pain. i wantedto try garcinia cambogia but since I have Parkinson's not sure if it's safe.
More questions for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Parkinson's disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion (1 response)
(Posted by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsons, and takes Prozac, Wellbutrin, Sinemet)
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once properly diagnosed and under the treatment of a neurologist for Parkinson's she was prescribed Sinemet. Her ability to walk increased dramatically however she was extremely confused. She constantly wanted to go home even though she was. She would get angry with us if we tried to convince her otherwise. She confused family members with other people and thought very off the wall situations were occurring with them. The neurologist said she had common symptoms of senile dementia which can accompany Parkinson's patients. Due to a random ordered hearing/vertigo test, we were instructed to take her off of all her medications a week prior to the test. Because the sinemet was so difficult to get her to tolerate due to extreme nausea I did not take her off of it but I took her off everything else. Within four to five days of being off the depression medication which had been combined with the sinemet she had a 360 degree turnaround in her confusion. She was even able to tell me that she knew she was confused but could not reason herself out of it. It was an end to eight months of pure H**. If you have a family suffering confusion and symptoms of senility that is on Sinemet and also taking anti-depression medications, insist that they be weaned of the anti-depressants before you accept the senility diagnosis.
- Psychotic episode post amiodarone
(Posted by a 83 year old woman who has Loss Of Memory, Delusional Disorder, Unspecified Type, Psychosis, and takes Amiodarone Hydrochloride)
83 year old female post amiodarone and pacemaker insertion had acute episode of psychosis, memory loss, became delusional. Symptoms were primarily targeted to live in daughter. Psychosis became somewhat dormant with frequent exacerbation and eruptions. This patient was previously intact emotionally and fully functional. The condition became chronic and disrupted the family. A sad outcome upsetting the children of the patient with resulting alienation and estrangement per patient's request.
More reviews for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Parkinson's disease
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a patient with Thyroidectomy. The patient has Constipation Aggravated, Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination), Shortness Of Breath, Alcohol Interaction
Comments: If i have a glass of wine or alchol I have pain near chest bone and my system does not seem to process the alchol as well since having my thyroid removed and
being on synthroid. I was pulled over and charged with a dui after consuming
2 glasses of white wine and 2 glasses of water within almost ...
- A study of side effects of Valium for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition. The patient has Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination)
Comments: Was given cipro 5 years ago once I've and have had nausea and anxiety ever since I am very sensitive to drugs and have tried homeopathy, acupuncture etc but now am reduced to taking phenergan and valium I suspect that the valium may be causing nausea
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a patient with Absence Seizure. The patient has Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination)
Comments: patient was being treated with 500 mg keppra 2x per day. No seizures for year. Suddenly, grand mal seizure which lasted approx. 45 minutes: shaking, gasping for breath, vomiting, high blood pressure 180/102; racing heart rate 125; sweating. Later when hospitalized and given 3 mg of Ativan, seizure ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Blindness Unilateral
Comments: I had two successful cataract surgeries (right/left) in 2009. 2011 a bout of afib, hospitalized, put on Amiodarone for high dose for 14 days then the dose cut in half, continued on it for over one year, eyes started to hurt feeling as if they were too large for socket, eyesight started to deteriorat ...
More related studies for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Parkinson's disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.