Review: could Amiodarone hydrochloride cause Parkinson's disease?
Summary: Parkinson's disease is found among people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Lactulose, and have Epilepsy.
We study 2,600 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Parkinson's disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Parkinson's disease and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Parkinson's disease >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 2,835 Amiodarone hydrochloride users)
Parkinson's disease has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia. (latest reports from 24,995 Parkinson's disease patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 2,600 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 9 people (0.35%) have Parkinson's Disease.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Parkinson's disease * :
Gender of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Parkinson's disease||73.33%||26.67% |
Age of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Parkinson's disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||92.31% |
Severity of Parkinson's disease when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Parkinson's disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (4 people, 44.44%)
- Pain in extremity (4 people, 44.44%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (4 people, 44.44%)
- Atrial fibrillation (2 people, 22.22%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lactulose (8 people, 88.89%)
- Depakene (8 people, 88.89%)
- Quinapril (8 people, 88.89%)
- Gabapentin (8 people, 88.89%)
- Clopidogrel bisulfate (8 people, 88.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amiodarone hydrochloride and parkinson's disease on
Do you have Parkinson's Disease while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Parkinson's Disease
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Parkinson's Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Anaprox, Acebutolol Hydrochloride, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 49-year old woman with Endometriosis, Heart Rate Irregular. The patient has Rotator Cuff Pain, Left Shoulder
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Daytrana for a 33-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Shaking Palsy
- A study of side effects of Atorvastatin Calcium for a 76-year old man with Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Parkinsonism (degenerative disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination)
- A study of side effects of Xarelto for a 36-year old man with Blood Clots. The patient has Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination)
- A study of side effects of Cannabis for a 20-year old man with Not Breathing. The patient has Stuttering, Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing), Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination), Muscle Twitching, Headache - Tension (head pain due to tension), Sweating - Absent, Body Tinea (ringworm of the body), Muscle Twitching
Recent Amiodarone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.