Home > Amiodarone hydrochloride > Parkinson's disease > Amiodarone hydrochloride and Parkinson's disease
Review: could Amiodarone hydrochloride cause Parkinson's disease?
Summary: Parkinson's disease is found among people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Lactulose, and have Epilepsy.
We study 2,595 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Parkinson's disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Parkinson's disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Parkinson's disease >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 2,830 users) has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Parkinson's disease (latest reports from 59,473 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 2,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 9 people (0.35%) have Parkinson's Disease.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Parkinson's disease * :
Gender of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Parkinson's disease||73.33%||26.67% |
Age of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Parkinson's disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||92.31% |
Severity of Parkinson's disease when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Parkinson's disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (4 people, 44.44%)
- Pain in extremity (4 people, 44.44%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (4 people, 44.44%)
- Atrial fibrillation (2 people, 22.22%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lactulose (8 people, 88.89%)
- Depakene (8 people, 88.89%)
- Quinapril (8 people, 88.89%)
- Gabapentin (8 people, 88.89%)
- Clopidogrel bisulfate (8 people, 88.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Parkinson's Disease while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Parkinson's Disease
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Parkinson's Disease
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Nausea, Skin Blushing/flushing, Migraine Without Aura, and takes Cordarone)
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- Has anyone with parkinson's tried stem cell therapy?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
I would like to supplement the azilect I take with natural products that will hopefully keep my symptoms stable at least for as long as possible. I'm also very interested in finding out more about the benefit of stem cell therapy.
- My husband has been diagnosed with early onset parkinsons at 45. vomiting in the early morning has always been a symptom long before they put him on medications. any ideas? it is not acid reflux.
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Vomiting , Parkinson's Disease)
Anxiety and acid reflux have been ruled out. He does not have high blood pressure.
- Can a person with parkinson's take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Parkinson's Disease, and takes Garcinia Cambogia)
looking to lose some wait around my stomach area to releave my lower back pain. i wantedto try garcinia cambogia but since I have Parkinson's not sure if it's safe.
More questions for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Parkinson's disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
(Posted by a 77 year old woman who has Parkinsons, and takes Prozac, Wellbutrin, Sinemet)
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
- Psychotic episode post amiodarone
(Posted by a 83 year old woman who has Loss Of Memory, Delusional Disorder, Unspecified Type, Psychosis, and takes Amiodarone Hydrochloride)
83 year old female post amiodarone and pacemaker insertion had acute episode of psychosis, memory loss, became delusional. Symptoms were primarily targeted to live in daughter. Psychosis became somewhat dormant with frequent exacerbation and eruptions. This patient was previously intact emotiona ...
More reviews for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Parkinson's disease
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination), Chest Discomfort, Ear Discomfort, Chest Pressure Sensation (feeling of pressure on chest), Difficulty In Walking, Difficulty Falling Asleep (sleeplessness), Vertigo Aggravated, Leg Cramping, Hot Flushes (sudden feelings of heat), Dizziness Aggravated, Double Vision (double vision), Heart Rate Increased
Comments: Feeling of butterflies in ears, pressure in chest along with increased feeling of anxiety, extremely fidgety legs, unable to sit still, trembling extremities, severe shakiness.
- A study of side effects of Raspberry Ketone for a patient with Obesity. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur), Sickness, Dizziness, Cold Sweat, Shaking Palsy (disorder of the central nervous system characterized by tremor and impaired muscular coordination)
Comments: Feel sick and very dizzy and paranoid
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of side effects of Pacerone for a patient with A-fib. The patient has A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia)
Comments: Possible side effects of hyperthyroidism
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium Chloride 10meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lasix, Tenormin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Counteract The Lasix Depleting Potassium, Hypothyroidism, Hbp, Heart Failure, A-fib. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: diarrhea continues even tho switched from multaq to Amiodarone 100mg. day.
More related studies for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Parkinson's disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.