Home > Amiodarone > Parkinson's disease > Amiodarone and Parkinson's disease
Review: could Amiodarone cause Parkinson's disease?
We study 2,595 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Parkinson's disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Parkinson's disease and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Parkinson's disease >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 2,830 users) has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Parkinson's disease (latest reports from 59,481 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia.
On Sep, 19, 2014: 2,591 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 9 people (0.35%) have Parkinson's Disease.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Parkinson's disease * :
Gender of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Parkinson's disease||73.33%||26.67% |
Age of people who have Parkinson's disease when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Parkinson's disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||92.31% |
Severity of Parkinson's disease when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Parkinson's disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Epilepsy (4 people, 44.44%)
- Pain in extremity (4 people, 44.44%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (4 people, 44.44%)
- Atrial fibrillation (2 people, 22.22%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lactulose (8 people, 88.89%)
- Depakene (8 people, 88.89%)
- Quinapril (8 people, 88.89%)
- Gabapentin (8 people, 88.89%)
- Clopidogrel bisulfate (8 people, 88.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Parkinson's Disease while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Parkinson's Disease
- group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- group for people who have Parkinson's Disease
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
just on drugs , concerned about side effects. ICD has been inserted recently
From this study (3 weeks ago):
diarrhea is moderate, but at times, severe with cramps
From this study (1 month ago):
Was given cipro 5 years ago once I've and have had nausea and anxiety ever since I am very sensitive to drugs and have tried homeopathy, acupuncture etc but now am reduced to taking phenergan and valium I suspect that the valium may be causing nausea
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Parkinson's disease
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mother recovered significantly from confusion
My very independent, active mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's (long over due, she did not have the common tremor but instead had issues with her gait).
She was already on Wellbutrin and Prozac because they thought her shuffling was muscle weakness due to inactivity caused by depression. Once p ...
- Psychotic episode post amiodarone
83 year old female post amiodarone and pacemaker insertion had acute episode of psychosis, memory loss, became delusional. Symptoms were primarily targeted to live in daughter. Psychosis became somewhat dormant with frequent exacerbation and eruptions. This patient was previously intact emotiona ...
More reviews for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Parkinson's disease
On eHealthMe, Amiodarone Hydrochloride (amiodarone hydrochloride) is often used for atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below the conditions Amiodarone Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amiodarone Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Metformin for a 40-year old man who has Diabetic Nephropathy (8 seconds ago)
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (4 minutes ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (9 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (10 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (59 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (1 hour ago)
- Glomerulonephritis Pulmonary Hemorrhage
- Enterobius Vermicularis