Review: could Amiodarone hydrochloride cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Stomach upset is found among people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 2,600 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 67 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Stomach upset >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 2,835 Amiodarone hydrochloride users)
Stomach upset has been reported by people with pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, quit smoking. (latest reports from 142,475 Stomach upset patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 2,599 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 67 people (2.58%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Stomach upset||51.25%||48.75% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||0.00%||2.60%||0.00%||0.00%||12.99%||7.79%||76.62% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 17.91%)
- Sleep disorder (8 people, 11.94%)
- Atrial fibrillation (8 people, 11.94%)
- Cardiac disorder (6 people, 8.96%)
- Arrhythmia (5 people, 7.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (27 people, 40.30%)
- Furosemide (18 people, 26.87%)
- Lisinopril (17 people, 25.37%)
- Digoxin (16 people, 23.88%)
- Warfarin sodium (13 people, 19.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
- A study of drug interactions between Latuda, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar. The patient has Vomiting, Upset Stomach
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 91-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 42-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Upset Stomach, Dead Bowel (decreased supply of oxygenated blood to the intestines cause tissue cell death)
Recent Amiodarone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.