Home > Amiodarone > Stomach upset > Amiodarone and Stomach upset
Review: could Amiodarone cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
We study 2,595 people who have side effects while taking Amiodarone from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Stomach upset >>>
Amiodarone hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 2,830 users) has active ingredients of amiodarone hydrochloride. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Stomach upset (latest reports from 844,689 patients) has been reported by people with pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,595 people reported to have side effects when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride. Among them, 67 people (2.58%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Amiodarone hydrochloride when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Stomach upset||51.25%||48.75% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||0.00%||2.60%||0.00%||0.00%||12.99%||7.79%||76.62% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Amiodarone hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 17.91%)
- Sleep disorder (8 people, 11.94%)
- Atrial fibrillation (8 people, 11.94%)
- Cardiac disorder (6 people, 8.96%)
- Arrhythmia (5 people, 7.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (27 people, 40.30%)
- Furosemide (18 people, 26.87%)
- Lisinopril (17 people, 25.37%)
- Digoxin (16 people, 23.88%)
- Warfarin sodium (13 people, 19.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Amiodarone Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Amiodarone hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My dr. prescribed me phergan. how common is weight gain on this drug?
A Dr. prescribed me Phenergan and Potassium CL ER today. I read online that Phenergan can cause weight gain. Have any of you been on Phenergan, and if so have you experiences any weight gain or other symptoms I should be made aware of? Thank you in advance.
- Lamicta side effect nausa and vomiting after years of takin it for bi-polar
I been taking Lamictal for a couple of years. With no side effects. Presently I starter having nausea, and dry heaves ,
I went to the specialist they run test for stomach hernia, etc etc. they did not find any thing wrong. Today I noatice I experience nausea after taking Lamictal I experience ...
- What to do when one take 20 dose of propranolol 40mg?
a normal person take 20 doses of propranolol 40 mg at a single time. now vomiting and dizziness are the conditions
- Could prolonged methotrexate injections(for ra) in the fatty front of the abdomen cause stomach digestive muscles to weaken, thus contribution got gastoparesis?
I have had moderate to severe RA for six years, but have been weekly injecting methotrexate into the front fatty tissue on either side of my abdomen for two years (as a supplemental drug to biologics). Is it reasonable to inquire of the possibility that those injections weakened my digestive muscle ...
- What has been the overall treatment plan for people suffering from champix/chantix side effects?
I took Champix for the full 12 weeks prescribed. While taking Champix I was happier than I've ever been, it was like a revelation, I had it all figured out and wanted everyone around me to be happy. I quit smoking on my quit date, no cravings, etc. That part worked. I had a couple episodes of ju ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- Used amiodarone hcl for 3yrs
off amiodarone hcl for 5 months, how long a period does discolor takes to fade away to get back to normal color skin. thanks
- Crestor - trilipix - 5 years on 5mg + 135mg / going cold turkey - weaning?
Almost 60 been on Crestor 5mg twice a week + Trilipix 135mg daily for about 5 years, Cholesterol has been held in good zone, leading normal life. Last two weeks chronic indigestion, upper chest pressure gas, upset stomach, and occasional dizziness. Read up on Symptom's for both Crestor and Trilipix ...
- How many days could you survive after being bitten by a dog with rabies.
My dad was bitten by a dog with rabies in 1989. Because he had no pain or soreness he never when to the doctor to check his self. My mom said that my dad had waited about 2 month to see a doctor because he started to feel sick after the 2 months. in just one week my dad lost a lot of weight and vomi ...
- Is vomiting in the night a sign of menopause
I am 52, have signs of menopause, hot flushes, delay in menstrual cycle, loss of libido, and I think vomiting
I do have a stomach that will get ride of food/drink that it does not like. But what I have never experienced and do now is. I go to sleep and feel fine and wake up with saliva in my ...
More questions for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Stomach upset
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s in ...
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- Neulasta side effect
Day 7 post neulasta injection, experienced 24-36 hours of intense nausea, vomiting, and bone pain.
- Choking on fluid in my throat
I have taken 2 pills, in the last 48 hour period. I have never taken Prevacid 24hr before, and was told it would be safe to use while pregnant. I woke up, the second night, to either mucus or some fluid, in my throat. When I tried it "clear" my throat, the fluid moved to block my breathing. I starte ...
- Psychotic episode post amiodarone
83 year old female post amiodarone and pacemaker insertion had acute episode of psychosis, memory loss, became delusional. Symptoms were primarily targeted to live in daughter. Psychosis became somewhat dormant with frequent exacerbation and eruptions. This patient was previously intact emotiona ...
- Pancreatitis secondary to ramipril?
I am a doctor by professoion.I was taking Ramipril 2.5 mg for last 2yrs.I am non diabetic,nonalcoholic,no gall stone,no H/O fever.Suddenly one morning I had severe abdominal pain followed by bouts of vomiting.Investigation like serum lipase,s.amylase,USG abdomen,CT scan abdomen confirmed diagnosis o ...
More reviews for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Stomach upset
On eHealthMe, Amiodarone Hydrochloride (amiodarone hydrochloride) is often used for atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below the conditions Amiodarone Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amiodarone Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Stomach upset
Recent Amiodarone hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Heparin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Levophed for a 80-year old woman who has Low Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Pradaxa for a 60-year old man who has Arrhythmia
- Comparions of Furosemide, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 77-year old man who has Carl Schwanderlik
- Comparions of Azithromycin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman who has Pneumonia
- Comparions of Spironolactone, Furosemide, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a 25-year old man who has Ventricular Arrhythmia
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate (Sandoz) - 12MG, Amiodarone Hydrochloride (Taro) - 400MG for a 67-year old man who has Arrhythmia
- Comparions of Pradaxa, Tylenol (Mcneil Cons) - 120MG, Pacerone for a 62-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Amiodarone Hydrochloride (Intl Medication Sys) - 50MG/ML, Pradaxa (Boehringer Ingelheim) - 150MG for a 72-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide (Watson Labs) - 5MG;6.25MG, Sotalol Hydrochloride (Genpharm) - 80MG, Amiodarone Hydrochloride (Taro) - 100MG for a 61-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium (Teva) - 20MG, Warfarin Sodium (Barr) - 5MG, Amiodarone Hydrochloride (Teva Pharms) - 200MG for a 66-year old woman who has A-fib
More related comparison studies for: Amiodarone hydrochloride, Stomach upset
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.