Home > Amitiza > Alopecia > Amitiza and Alopecia
Review: could Amitiza cause Alopecia (Hair loss)?
We study 1,705 people who have side effects while taking Amitiza from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Alopecia. Find out below who they are, when they have Alopecia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amitiza and have Alopecia >>>
Amitiza (latest outcomes from 1,827 users) has active ingredients of lubiprostone. It is often used in constipation.
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 1,703 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitiza. Among them, 13 people (0.76%) have Alopecia.
Time on Amitiza when people have Alopecia * :
Gender of people who have Alopecia when taking Amitiza * :
Age of people who have Alopecia when taking Amitiza * :
Severity of Alopecia when taking Amitiza ** :
How people recovered from Alopecia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (9 people, 69.23%)
- Arthritis (9 people, 69.23%)
- Breast cancer (9 people, 69.23%)
- Bone pain (9 people, 69.23%)
- Pain (9 people, 69.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vicodin (10 people, 76.92%)
- Fentanyl (10 people, 76.92%)
- Milk of magnesia tab (9 people, 69.23%)
- Megace (9 people, 69.23%)
- Prochlorperazine (9 people, 69.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alopecia while taking Amitiza?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amitiza and have Alopecia
- support group for people who take Amitiza
- support group for people who have Alopecia
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amitiza, Alopecia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
More reviews for: Amitiza, Alopecia
On eHealthMe, Amitiza (lubiprostone) is often used for constipation. Find out below the conditions Amitiza is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amitiza used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Amitiza, Alopecia
Recent Amitiza related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Voltaren-xr, Amitiza, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Sr, Enbrel for a 61-year old woman who has Enbrel
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Amitiza, Xanax for a 56-year old man who has Chronic Constipation,ibs
- Comparions of Amitiza, Reglan, Lithium Carbonate, Ambien, Lamictal for a 47-year old man who has Bipolar 2
More related comparison studies for: Amitiza, Alopecia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (15 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (39 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (52 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Disturbance In Sexual Arousal
- Stools Pale Or Clay Colored