Review: could Amitiza cause Alopecia (Hair loss)?
Summary: Alopecia is found among people who take Amitiza, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Vicodin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 1,707 people who have side effects while taking Amitiza from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Alopecia. Find out below who they are, when they have Alopecia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amitiza and have Alopecia >>>
Amitiza has active ingredients of lubiprostone. It is often used in constipation. (latest outcomes from 1,831 Amitiza users)
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,734 Alopecia patients)
On Mar, 21, 2015: 1,707 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitiza. Among them, 13 people (0.76%) have Alopecia.
Time on Amitiza when people have Alopecia * :
Gender of people who have Alopecia when taking Amitiza * :
Age of people who have Alopecia when taking Amitiza * :
Severity of Alopecia when taking Amitiza ** :
How people recovered from Alopecia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (9 people, 69.23%)
- Arthritis (9 people, 69.23%)
- Breast cancer (9 people, 69.23%)
- Bone pain (9 people, 69.23%)
- Pain (9 people, 69.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vicodin (10 people, 76.92%)
- Fentanyl (10 people, 76.92%)
- Milk of magnesia tab (9 people, 69.23%)
- Megace (9 people, 69.23%)
- Prochlorperazine (9 people, 69.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Alopecia while taking Amitiza?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amitiza and have Alopecia
- support group for people who take Amitiza
- support group for people who have Alopecia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Amitiza related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Voltaren-xr, Amitiza, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Sr, Enbrel for a 61-year old woman who has Enbrel
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Amitiza, Xanax for a 56-year old man who has Chronic Constipation,ibs
- Comparions of Amitiza, Reglan, Lithium Carbonate, Ambien, Lamictal for a 47-year old man who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Miralax, Amitiza for a 49-year old woman who has Constipation
- Comparions of Amitiza, Miralax for a 30-year old man who has Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.