Home > Amitiza > Dry eye > Amitiza and Dry eye
Review: could Amitiza cause Dry eye (Dry eyes)?
We study 1,705 people who have side effects while taking Amitiza from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Dry eye. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry eye and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amitiza and have Dry eye >>>
Amitiza (latest outcomes from 1,827 users) has active ingredients of lubiprostone. It is often used in constipation.
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) (latest reports from 58,020 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, depression.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 1,703 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitiza. Among them, 5 people (0.29%) have Dry Eye.
Time on Amitiza when people have Dry eye * :
Gender of people who have Dry eye when taking Amitiza * :
|Dry eye||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Amitiza * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Dry eye when taking Amitiza ** :
How people recovered from Dry eye ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 40.00%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 40.00%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 20.00%)
- Endoscopy (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ultram (3 people, 60.00%)
- Tylenol-500 (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lovaza (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lasix (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Eye while taking Amitiza?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amitiza and have Dry Eye
- support group for people who take Amitiza
- support group for people who have Dry Eye
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amitiza, Dry eye
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
More reviews for: Amitiza, Dry eye
On eHealthMe, Amitiza (lubiprostone) is often used for constipation. Find out below the conditions Amitiza is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amitiza used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Amitiza, Dry eye
Recent Amitiza related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Voltaren-xr, Amitiza, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Sr, Enbrel for a 61-year old woman who has Enbrel
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Amitiza, Xanax for a 56-year old man who has Chronic Constipation,ibs
- Comparions of Amitiza, Reglan, Lithium Carbonate, Ambien, Lamictal for a 47-year old man who has Bipolar 2
More related comparison studies for: Amitiza, Dry eye
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (26 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (35 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Iritic Melanoma
- Difficulty Breathing
- X Ray Limb Abnormal
- Numbness And Tingling