Home > Amitiza > Dry eye > Amitiza and Dry eye
Review: could Amitiza cause Dry eye (Dry eyes)?
We study 1,705 people who have side effects while taking Amitiza from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Dry eye. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry eye and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amitiza and have Dry eye >>>
Amitiza (latest outcomes from 1,828 users) has active ingredients of lubiprostone. It is often used in constipation.
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) (latest reports from 57,292 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, depression.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 1,703 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitiza. Among them, 5 people (0.29%) have Dry Eye.
Time on Amitiza when people have Dry eye * :
Gender of people who have Dry eye when taking Amitiza * :
|Dry eye||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Amitiza * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Dry eye when taking Amitiza ** :
How people recovered from Dry eye ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 40.00%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 40.00%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 20.00%)
- Endoscopy (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ultram (3 people, 60.00%)
- Tylenol-500 (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lovaza (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lasix (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Eye while taking Amitiza?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amitiza and have Dry Eye
- support group for people who take Amitiza
- support group for people who have Dry Eye
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Anyone else develop facial swelling during clonazepam withdrawal and not recover from it several years later?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Excessive Hair Loss, Facial Swelling, and takes Clonazepam)
Weaned off of clonazepam 10 years ago. Body went into severe withdrawal: Hair loss/ thinning, swelling through T-zone portion of my face, excessively oily face and hair, stiff painful joints. Hair and face have never completely recovered although have days/weeks symptoms are milder, buy only wors ...
- Are dry eyes a side effect of allegra?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Glaucomatocyclitic Crises, Dry Eyes, and takes Lisinopril)
Have been taking Benedryl almost daily for the last year. After recent diagnosis pressure in eyes increasing did some research to discover a side effect of Benedryl is dry eyes which could have been a contributing factor. I'm trying to find out if there's any allergy medicine on the market that do ...
- Is lercanedepine causing me to gain weight?
(Asked by a 79 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, Reflux Oesophagitis, Raynauds, CKD, Dry Eyes, Osteo Arthritis Cervical, Dorsal And Lumbar Regions)
After a very bad road accident in my early twenties I developed giddiness and arthritis. Since then I have had several operations , recently one to remove abdominal adhesion and another to remove a bone from my wrist. I keep active and am the sole carer for my 92 year old husband , who has Alzheimer ...
- Does phisohex cause any eye damage from slight exposure
(Asked by a 16 year old boy who has Eyes - Dry, and takes Phisohex)
After having slight eye exposure with Phisohex, will this cause any damage to the eyes? Currently experiencing very dry eyes.
More questions for: Amitiza, Dry eye
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Dry Eyes, and takes Pantoprazole)
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
More reviews for: Amitiza, Dry eye
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Dry Eye (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfasalazine, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Eyes - Dry
Comments: Seem to have started while taking these drugs, or is it from the RA?
- A study of side effects of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I am taking an over the counter sleep aid made by boots chemist and have got dryes can the tablets b the reason
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain. The patient has Fatigue After Sun Exposure, Back Stiffness, Dry Skin, Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears), Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
Comments: Every Saturday, I take my 100 mg dose earlier than usual (typically 2-3 hours earlier) due to working the Farmer's Markets. We may be under a tent, but it doesn't block out all sun while it is coming up to the high noon position. I am out in the sun for around 5 hours. By then, I have sweated out an ...
More related studies for: Amitiza, Dry eye
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Maxalt and Hair Loss
- Myrbetriq and Hyponatraemia
- Muscle Weakness and Finasteride
- Zopiclone and Cocaine Abuse
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (19 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (14 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (18 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (22 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner (39 minutes ago)
- Maxalt for a 46-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic (56 minutes ago)
- Suboxone, Testosterone for a 40-year old man who has Pain - Bones, Hypogonadism Male (1 hour ago)
- Viibryd, Sucralfate, Pantoprazole, Nifedipine, Plavix, Synthroid for a 58-year old woman who has Depression, GERD, High Blood Pressure, Arterial Thrombosis Limb, Hypothyroidism (1 hour ago)
- Aspirin for a 47-year old man who has Headache (1 hour ago)