Review: could Amitriptyline hydrochloride cause Abdominal pain?
Summary: Abdominal pain is found among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Depression.
We study 5,760 people who have side effects while taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 118 have Abdominal pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Abdominal pain >>>
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 7,189 Amitriptyline hydrochloride users)
Abdominal pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 107,282 Abdominal pain patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 5,760 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 157 people (2.73%) have Abdominal Pain.
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Abdominal pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain||15.79%||31.58%||5.26%||21.05%||21.05%||5.26%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Abdominal pain||73.91%||26.09% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||4.49%||7.69%||22.44%||26.28%||30.77% |
Severity of Abdominal pain when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain||5.88%||52.94%||29.41%||11.76% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain||18.18%||27.27%||54.55% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (18 people, 11.46%)
- Osteoporosis (12 people, 7.64%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (11 people, 7.01%)
- Pain (10 people, 6.37%)
- Anxiety (10 people, 6.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (18 people, 11.46%)
- Prevacid (17 people, 10.83%)
- Neurontin (17 people, 10.83%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 10.19%)
- Gabapentin (15 people, 9.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amitriptyline hydrochloride and abdominal pain on
Do you have Abdominal Pain while taking Amitriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Abdominal Pain
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 22-year old woman with Anemia, Anaemia, Depression. The patient has Mettalic Taste In Mouth, Dry Mouth
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 57-year old man with Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Abdominal Pain Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Plavix, Eliquis for a 89-year old man with Blood Clots. The patient has Cancer - Stomach, Abdominal Pain, Bloating, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate for a 32-year old woman with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Weakness, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Dizziness Aggravated, Nausea, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine
- A study of side effects of Fluconazole for a 46-year old woman with Yeast Infection - Esophagus. The patient has Itching, Stomach Pain, Back Pain - Low, Burning Sensation, Swelling Of Fingers
Recent Amitriptyline hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Insomnia
- Comparions of Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Elavil for a 71-year old man who has Neuropathy
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Plavix for a 59-year old woman who has Heart Attack And Tia
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.