Review: could Amitriptyline hydrochloride cause Blindness unilateral?
Summary: Blindness unilateral is found among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Ditropan xl, and have Generalized anxiety disorder.
We study 5,760 people who have side effects while taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Blindness unilateral. Find out below who they are, when they have Blindness unilateral and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Blindness unilateral >>>
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 7,179 Amitriptyline hydrochloride users)
Blindness unilateral has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, diabetes, erection problems, high blood pressure, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 6,416 Blindness unilateral patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 5,760 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 7 people (0.12%) have Blindness Unilateral.
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Blindness unilateral * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blindness unilateral||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blindness unilateral when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Blindness unilateral||85.71%||14.29% |
Age of people who have Blindness unilateral when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Blindness unilateral||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||50.00% |
Severity of Blindness unilateral when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blindness unilateral||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Blindness unilateral ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blindness unilateral||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Generalized anxiety disorder (3 people, 42.86%)
- Parkinson's disease (1 people, 14.29%)
- Blindness unilateral (1 people, 14.29%)
- Localised osteoarthritis (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ditropan xl (3 people, 42.86%)
- Vioxx (3 people, 42.86%)
- Rocaltrol (3 people, 42.86%)
- Prilosec (3 people, 42.86%)
- Ambien (3 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blindness Unilateral while taking Amitriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Blindness Unilateral
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Blindness unilateral
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 67-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Pain In Inner Knee, Tiredness, Fainting Feeling And Gut Ache
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Aleve, Lipitor, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Bactrim DS, Tamsulosin for a 68-year old man with Insomnia, Prostate Seed Implant, High Blood Cholesterol, Toe Fungus, Post Prostate Surgery Syndrome, Urinary Tract Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Co-codamol for a 26-year old man with Neuropathic Pain. The patient has Dehydration, Dry Mouth, Stools - Bloody, Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Verapamil Hcl, Carbamazepine for a 68-year old man with Cluster Headaches, Cluster Headache And Hypertension. The patient has Difficulty Problem Solving, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Estradiol, Elavil, Imitrex for a 55-year old woman with Weakness, Pain - Back, Migraine. The patient has Ocular Hypertension
Recent Amitriptyline hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Levofloxacin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 30-year old man who has UTI And Migraine
- Comparions of Elavil, Neurontin for a 51-year old woman who has Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 27-year old man who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.