Home > Amitriptyline > Chronic fatigue syndrome > Amitriptyline and Chronic fatigue syndrome
Review: could Amitriptyline cause Chronic fatigue syndrome?
We study 5,711 people who have side effects while taking Amitriptyline from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Chronic fatigue syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic fatigue syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Chronic fatigue syndrome >>>
Amitriptyline hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 7,123 users) has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine.
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Chronic fatigue syndrome (disorder that causes extreme fatigue) (latest reports from 13,416 patients) has been reported by people with acne, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 5,711 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 11 people (0.19%) have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Chronic fatigue syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||62.50%||12.50%||12.50% |
Gender of people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||63.64%||36.36% |
Age of people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||9.09%||27.27%||54.55%||0.00% |
Severity of Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||33.33%||50.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Chronic fatigue syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||16.67%||83.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (3 people, 27.27%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 27.27%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 18.18%)
- Back pain (2 people, 18.18%)
- Fibromyalgia (2 people, 18.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zestoretic (3 people, 27.27%)
- Norvasc (3 people, 27.27%)
- Fosamax (3 people, 27.27%)
- Coumadin (3 people, 27.27%)
- Plavix (3 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome while taking Amitriptyline Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus?
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a w ...
- Which medication would fit for all condition that i have to take 1 medication?
Is Lorazepam the answer for all this medical condition fix into this medical condition? If it is, that great. But second question is.....is there any other medication that would help besides lorazepam? Im doing this research TO find out what is right for me before I ask my mental Dr about it. I have ...
- Can you get random spots that itch
Am 39 years old. have a part tiem job. i sometimes have random sleep patterns but even when i sleep well i awake so tied still, around 4 to 5o'clock am fighting to stay awake, i hurt all over, i get sore thoat, headache and i become off balance.
- Can i get serotonin toxicity taking buspar with savella
I need to be sure there are no drug interactions with what I take.list above. Concerned about serotonin toxicity with Savella and buspar together.
- Does bcaa cause migraines?
I took 3 capsules of BCAA and within the next hour I developed a very aggressive migraine. Believing the migraine may have been separate to the tablets, I took another 3 capsules the next day and again within 1 hour I developed a very aggressive migraines. Has anyone had a similar adverse reactio ...
- Excessive sweaty clammy skin and low energy
I have been experiencing profuse sweating. Clammy skin. I am very low energy. I do not sleep well and fatigued during the day. I am on many medications for Crohn's disease, arthritis, and other auto immune conditions.
- I have cfs and have been treated for depression for years.will adderall replace the antidepressants ect that i'm taking now?
I have a long history of depression and anxiety disorder.I was recently diagnosed with CFS.Now that I know exactly what this disease entails,everything makes perfect sense.My physical symptoms,with the exception of increased debilitating pain over the last 2 years, I had come to accept as normal! Gl ...
- Why do my legs freeze all the time, but can not be warmed by a heater?
My doc recently put me on Gabapentin because my legs were freezing all the time and heat right in front of my legs did not help at all, What is causing this? Thanks for your help!
- People with statin drug damage
Have been on disability for 18 months. Can not walk to car without being fatigued. Have lots of nerve pain. On a lot of Pain meds an they don't always work. I was told this one won't do that an this one won't do that. The one that put me over the edge was Zetia. My doctor's don't know what to do o ...
- Do you see any relationship between insomnia and dehydration?
I cannot fall asleep. Sometimes it takes several hours (4-5). I have been taking Amitriptyline 10 mg for almost a year which helped tremendously and lately has not helped at all.
More questions for: Amitriptyline hydrochloride, Chronic fatigue syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Inflammation in leg and around pelvis
I gave birth two years ago, in my birthing plan it only stated that i wished for gas & air ONlY.
I was very confused what with all the gas & air.. So all i heared was midewife saying that she will order pethidine. Next minute i know midwife injects me with pethidine in right buttuck.
Later that da ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Amitriptyline hydrochloride, Chronic fatigue syndrome
On eHealthMe, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used for migraine. Find out below the conditions Amitriptyline Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amitriptyline Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Femhrt, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Paracetamol, Codeine, Ramipril, Atenolol, Tapentadol Hydrochloride, Pregabalin, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Menopause, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Headache, Fibromyalgia, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Hypothyroidism, Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome, Menopause, Headache, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Escitalopram, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Cfs. The patient has Aches And Pains In Bones, Wrist Pain, Back Pain, Pain - Knee, Numbness And Tingling, Itching, Muscle Twitching, Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome, Feeling Drunk, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Cfs, Tension Headaches, Muscle Fibrosis, Heart Palpitations, Chest Tightness, Depression, Anxiety And Stress, Irritability, Fatigue - Chronic, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Hallucinations, Mixed, Sleep Inertia
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Methotrexate, Loratadine, Lansoprazole, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Folic Acid, Co-codamol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Adalat for a patient with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome/osteoarthritis, Raynaud's Phenomenon. The patient has Skin Blushing/flushing, Hypoxia, Fatigue - Chronic, Gout, Breathlessness
More related studies for: Amitriptyline hydrochloride, Chronic fatigue syndrome
Recent Amitriptyline hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 37-year old man who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Imipramine Hydrochloride for a 24-year old man who has Panic Disorder
- Comparions of Lasix, Endep for a 56-year old woman who has Fluid Retention
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Elavil for a 54-year old woman who has Migraine Hemiplegic
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Ambien, Norco, Xanax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Paxil
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Depakote for a 31-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin Sr, Seroquel, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 53-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Abilify, Elavil, Klonopin, Lexapro for a 37-year old woman who has Panic Attacks
- Comparions of Lyrica, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Shingles
More related comparison studies for: Amitriptyline hydrochloride, Chronic fatigue syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.