Home > Amitriptyline > Chronic fatigue syndrome > Amitriptyline and Chronic fatigue syndrome
Review: could Amitriptyline cause Chronic fatigue syndrome?
We study 5,695 people who have side effects while taking Amitriptyline from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Chronic fatigue syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic fatigue syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Chronic fatigue syndrome >>>
Amitriptyline hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 7,109 users) has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine.
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Chronic fatigue syndrome (disorder that causes extreme fatigue) (latest reports from 13,287 patients) has been reported by people with acne, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Aug, 29, 2014: 5,671 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 11 people (0.19%) have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. They amount to 0.08% of all the 13,074 people who have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome on eHealthMe.
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Chronic fatigue syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||62.50%||12.50%||12.50% |
Gender of people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||63.64%||36.36% |
Age of people who have Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||9.09%||27.27%||54.55%||0.00% |
Severity of Chronic fatigue syndrome when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||33.33%||50.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Chronic fatigue syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chronic fatigue syndrome||0.00%||16.67%||83.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (3 people, 27.27%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 27.27%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (2 people, 18.18%)
- Back pain (2 people, 18.18%)
- Fibromyalgia (2 people, 18.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zestoretic (3 people, 27.27%)
- Norvasc (3 people, 27.27%)
- Fosamax (3 people, 27.27%)
- Coumadin (3 people, 27.27%)
- Plavix (3 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome while taking Amitriptyline Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- group for people who have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Following moderate whiplash injury in a road traffic accident three years ago, symptoms of pain, exhaustion, IBS, headache, nausea have continued and my quality of life consists of work and recovering.
From this study (8 months ago):
I am doing much better now then I was a few years ago however I still haven't recovered from a lot of the symptoms. My tablets help but only a little and I believe my tablets may cause some of the symptoms.
From this study (9 months ago):
I suffer from a variety of conditions, degenerative spondylosis, manic depression, psoriatic arthritis, arthritis, IBS, Fibromyalgia, leukocytes in urine, psychotic episodes, folic acid deficiency anaemia, osteomalacia.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amitriptyline hydrochloride, Chronic fatigue syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Inflammation in leg and around pelvis
I gave birth two years ago, in my birthing plan it only stated that i wished for gas & air ONlY.
I was very confused what with all the gas & air.. So all i heared was midewife saying that she will order pethidine. Next minute i know midwife injects me with pethidine in right buttuck.
Later that da ...
More reviews for: Amitriptyline hydrochloride, Chronic fatigue syndrome
On eHealthMe, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Amitriptyline Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amitriptyline Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is also known as: CFS, Fatigue - chronic, Immune dysfunction disorder.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (53 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (1 hour ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atrial Fibrillation and Thyroxine Increased
- Itching and Hypertension
- Xarelto and Constipation
- Phentermine and Overactive Thyroid
- Orencia and Stiff Neck
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- Semen Volume Increased
- Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride
- Baked Beans