Review: could Amitriptyline hydrochloride cause Dementia?
Summary: Dementia is found among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Neurontin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 5,760 people who have side effects while taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Dementia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dementia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Dementia >>>
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 7,189 Amitriptyline hydrochloride users)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 12,434 Dementia patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 5,760 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 11 people (0.19%) have Dementia.
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Dementia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
Severity of Dementia when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dementia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 36.36%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 27.27%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 27.27%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 9.09%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (7 people, 63.64%)
- Fosamax (5 people, 45.45%)
- [therapy unspecified] (4 people, 36.36%)
- Effexor (3 people, 27.27%)
- Fluoxetine (2 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amitriptyline hydrochloride and dementia on
Do you have Dementia while taking Amitriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Dementia
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Dementia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride for a 50-year old woman with House Dust Allergy, Itching, Hives. The patient has Hives, Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Vitamin D, Magnesium Sulfate In Plastic Container, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Cytomel, Singulair, Elavil, Omeprazole, Effexor Xr for a 41-year old woman with Osteoporosis, Chronic Depression, Migraine - Classic, Keratosis Pilaris, Asthma, Gerd. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Xanax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 25-year old woman with Depression, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Hot Flashes, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 67-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Pain In Inner Knee, Tiredness, Fainting Feeling And Gut Ache
Recent Amitriptyline hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Elavil for a 71-year old man who has Neuropathy
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Plavix for a 59-year old woman who has Heart Attack And Tia
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Levofloxacin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 30-year old man who has UTI And Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.