Review: could Amitriptyline hydrochloride cause Fatigue?
Summary: Fatigue is found among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 5,760 people who have side effects while taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 370 have Fatigue. Find out below who they are, when they have Fatigue and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Fatigue >>>
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 7,189 Amitriptyline hydrochloride users)
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 200,917 Fatigue patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 5,760 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 372 people (6.46%) have Fatigue.
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
Severity of Fatigue when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (59 people, 15.86%)
- Depression (52 people, 13.98%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 10.22%)
- Sleep disorder (38 people, 10.22%)
- Osteopenia (36 people, 9.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (69 people, 18.55%)
- Aspirin (43 people, 11.56%)
- Gabapentin (40 people, 10.75%)
- Celebrex (40 people, 10.75%)
- Neurontin (36 people, 9.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Amitriptyline hydrochloride and fatigue on
Do you have Fatigue while taking Amitriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Fatigue
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Fatigue
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a 61-year old woman with Heart Attack. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Diarrhea, Confusional State
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Aromasin for a 45-year old woman with Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Migraine Hemiplegic, Migraine With Aura, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Dyshidrotic Eczema
- A study of side effects of Letrozole for a 67-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Tiredness, Weight Gain, Brittle Nails
- A study of drug interactions between Motrin Ib, Flexeril, Doxycycline, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Zoloft for a 36-year old woman with Sciatica, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety. The patient has Fatigue, Recurring Skin Boils
- A study of side effects of Zocor for a 64-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Recent Amitriptyline hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Insomnia
- Comparions of Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Elavil for a 71-year old man who has Neuropathy
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Plavix for a 59-year old woman who has Heart Attack And Tia
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.