Review: could Amitriptyline hydrochloride cause Mitral valve prolapse?
Summary: Mitral valve prolapse is found among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Furosemide, and have Thyroid diseases.
We study 5,769 people who have side effects while taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Mitral valve prolapse. Find out below who they are, when they have Mitral valve prolapse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Mitral valve prolapse >>>
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 7,191 Amitriptyline hydrochloride users)
Mitral valve prolapse
Mitral valve prolapse (heart's mitral valve doesn't work well) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, depression, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 3,351 Mitral valve prolapse patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 5,769 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 8 people (0.14%) have Mitral Valve Prolapse.
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Mitral valve prolapse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mitral valve prolapse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mitral valve prolapse when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Mitral valve prolapse||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Mitral valve prolapse when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Mitral valve prolapse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||33.33%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Mitral valve prolapse when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mitral valve prolapse||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mitral valve prolapse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Thyroid disorder (2 people, 25.00%)
- Tachycardia (2 people, 25.00%)
- Pain (2 people, 25.00%)
- Sleep disorder (2 people, 25.00%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (2 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (3 people, 37.50%)
- Cephalexin (2 people, 25.00%)
- Albuterol (2 people, 25.00%)
- Baclofen (2 people, 25.00%)
- Klor-con (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amitriptyline hydrochloride and mitral valve prolapse on
Do you have Mitral Valve Prolapse while taking Amitriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Mitral Valve Prolapse
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Mitral Valve Prolapse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Elavil, Adderall, Lamictal for a 54-year old man with Sleep Disorder, Cognitive Deterioration, Chorea. The patient has Chorea
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 62-year old man with Ankle Pain. The patient has Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Aromasin for a 45-year old woman with Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Migraine Hemiplegic, Migraine With Aura, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Dyshidrotic Eczema
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Prilosec, Zyrtec Allergy, Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Elavil for a 56-year old woman with Low Deficient, High Cholesterol, Acid Reflux, Allergy, Depression - Chronic, Migraine.
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 48-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Yawning
Recent Amitriptyline hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Endep, Pristiq for a 45-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Letrozole for a 55-year old woman who has Aromatose Inhibitor, Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Insomnia
- Comparions of Alpha - Lipoic Acid, Elavil for a 71-year old man who has Neuropathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.