Review: could Amitriptyline hydrochloride cause Overdose?
Summary: Overdose is found among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clonazepam, and have High blood pressure.
We study 5,769 people who have side effects while taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 135 have Overdose. Find out below who they are, when they have Overdose and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Overdose >>>
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 7,196 Amitriptyline hydrochloride users)
Overdose has been reported by people with pain, depression, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 51,405 Overdose patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 5,769 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 135 people (2.34%) have Overdose.
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Overdose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Overdose when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Overdose when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
Severity of Overdose when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Overdose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (11 people, 8.15%)
- Ill-defined disorder (9 people, 6.67%)
- Pain (9 people, 6.67%)
- Osteopenia (7 people, 5.19%)
- Depression (6 people, 4.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (15 people, 11.11%)
- Fosamax (15 people, 11.11%)
- Diazepam (14 people, 10.37%)
- Gabapentin (13 people, 9.63%)
- Acetaminophen (12 people, 8.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amitriptyline hydrochloride and overdose on
Do you have Overdose while taking Amitriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Overdose
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Overdose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cephalexin, Elavil for a 15-year old boy with Acne And Teenagers, Complicated Migraine.
- A study of drug interactions between Sumatriptan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Amlodipine, Tramadol for a 48-year old woman with Migraine, Migrane Control, Stomachache, Hypertension, Pelvic Organ Injury. The patient has Severe Hypertension Despite Being Medicated, Fatigue - Chronic, Back Stiffness, Painful Feet Around Achilles And Legs - Unable To Relieve With Drugs
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine, Toradol, Zolpidem Tartrate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Adipex-p, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Sertraline for a 37-year old woman with Nausea, Migraine, Sleeplessness, Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Stones - Kidney, Bite
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 34-year old woman with Pancreatitis Chronic. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Elavil, Adderall, Lamictal for a 54-year old man with Sleep Disorder, Cognitive Deterioration, Chorea. The patient has Chorea
Recent Amitriptyline hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE, MELOXICAM, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, DIVALPROEX, METHOCARBAMOL for a 33-year old man who has PTSD
- Comparions of Elavil, Tegretol for a 43-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Endep, Pristiq for a 45-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Letrozole for a 55-year old woman who has Aromatose Inhibitor, Nerve Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.