Review: could Amitriptyline hydrochloride cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Stomach upset is found among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 5,760 people who have side effects while taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Stomach upset >>>
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 7,189 Amitriptyline hydrochloride users)
Stomach upset has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,488 Stomach upset patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 5,760 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 195 people (3.39%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||14.29%||38.10%||14.29%||9.52%||19.05%||4.76%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Stomach upset||78.33%||21.67% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||0.52%||2.59%||4.15%||11.40%||20.73%||18.65%||41.97% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||23.53%||29.41%||47.06%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach upset||14.29%||14.29%||71.43% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (20 people, 10.26%)
- Pain (15 people, 7.69%)
- Osteoporosis (14 people, 7.18%)
- Breast cancer (14 people, 7.18%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (33 people, 16.92%)
- Atenolol (33 people, 16.92%)
- Neurontin (26 people, 13.33%)
- Simvastatin (23 people, 11.79%)
- Lisinopril (23 people, 11.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Amitriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Stomach upset
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 67-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Pain In Inner Knee, Tiredness, Fainting Feeling And Gut Ache
- A study of drug interactions between Latuda, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar. The patient has Vomiting, Upset Stomach
- A study of side effects of Mirtazapine for a 91-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Aleve, Lipitor, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Bactrim DS, Tamsulosin for a 68-year old man with Insomnia, Prostate Seed Implant, High Blood Cholesterol, Toe Fungus, Post Prostate Surgery Syndrome, Urinary Tract Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 42-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Upset Stomach, Dead Bowel (decreased supply of oxygenated blood to the intestines cause tissue cell death)
Recent Amitriptyline hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Effexor, Lyrica, Cymbalta for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Levofloxacin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 30-year old man who has UTI And Migraine
- Comparions of Elavil, Neurontin for a 51-year old woman who has Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 27-year old man who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.