Home > Amitriptyline hydrochloride > Stomach upset > Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Stomach upset
Review: could Amitriptyline hydrochloride cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Stomach upset is found among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Atenolol, and have Depression.
We study 5,711 people who have side effects while taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Stomach upset >>>
Amitriptyline hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 7,133 users) has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Stomach upset (latest reports from 845,132 patients) has been reported by people with pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 5,711 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 194 people (3.40%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||15.00%||40.00%||15.00%||10.00%||15.00%||5.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Stomach upset||78.22%||21.78% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||0.52%||2.60%||4.17%||10.94%||20.83%||18.75%||42.19% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach upset||25.00%||31.25%||43.75%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach upset||16.67%||16.67%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (20 people, 10.31%)
- Pain (15 people, 7.73%)
- Osteoporosis (14 people, 7.22%)
- Breast cancer (14 people, 7.22%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 6.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (33 people, 17.01%)
- Aspirin (33 people, 17.01%)
- Neurontin (26 people, 13.40%)
- Simvastatin (23 people, 11.86%)
- Lisinopril (23 people, 11.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Amitriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is vomiting all liquids common while taking morphine
(Asked by a 29 year old man who has Vomiting, and takes Morphine)
I Recently started taking 6mg of Hydro-Morphine per day for pain. Every time i take the drug i vomit up any liquids I drink. i fell just fine without anything in my stomach but as soon as i eat or drink I instantly become nauseated and vomit everything. It is hard not to drink because the drug is ma ...
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- My dr. prescribed me phergan. how common is weight gain on this drug?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, and takes Phenergan)
A Dr. prescribed me Phenergan and Potassium CL ER today. I read online that Phenergan can cause weight gain. Have any of you been on Phenergan, and if so have you experiences any weight gain or other symptoms I should be made aware of? Thank you in advance.
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Prolapse Heart Valve/murmor, Sciatica, Interstitail Cystitus,, and takes Hydroxyzine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Estradiol )
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a w ...
- Lamicta side effect nausa and vomiting after years of takin it for bi-polar
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Vomiting, Nausea, and takes Lamictal)
I been taking Lamictal for a couple of years. With no side effects. Presently I starter having nausea, and dry heaves ,
I went to the specialist they run test for stomach hernia, etc etc. they did not find any thing wrong. Today I noatice I experience nausea after taking Lamictal I experience ...
More questions for: Amitriptyline hydrochloride, Stomach upset
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nausea and vomiting while taking savella
(Posted by a 42 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, and takes Savella)
I have been on Savella for 6 months now and the nausea has increased with time and now I also have vomiting daily along with occasional diarrhea. I am currently weaning off of the Savella, cutting the dosage in half for two weeks and then one pill every other day for two weeks, following my dr.'s in ...
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Stomach Upset, Smell - Impaired, and takes Farxiga)
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Inflammation in leg and around pelvis
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Bruised Achy Pain In Buttuck(where Pethidine Was Injected) And Shooting Pain Down That Leg, and takes Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Codeine )
I gave birth two years ago, in my birthing plan it only stated that i wished for gas & air ONlY.
I was very confused what with all the gas & air.. So all i heared was midewife saying that she will order pethidine. Next minute i know midwife injects me with pethidine in right buttuck.
Later that da ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Nausea And Vomiting, Loose Stools, Stomach Pain, and takes Fenofibrate)
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
More reviews for: Amitriptyline hydrochloride, Stomach upset
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Elavil, Ibuprofen, Lyrica for a patient with Shock, Chronic Depression, Pain - Back, Post-traumatic Headache. The patient has Heartbeat Sensations, Anger
Comments: Elavil, 25mg @ night stopped an 11 month chronic headache after a head injury, I sustained 1 1/2 years ago.
Additionally, Neurologist prescribed 100 mg Lyrica for chronic back/nerve pain from moderate/severe spinal injuries, sustained 20+ years earlier. (Crushed/cracked verabrae and 3 intervertebra ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Proair Hfa, Lunesta, Zofran, Morphine Sulfate, Morphine Sulfate for a patient with Nervousness, Difficulty Breathing, Sleeplessness, Nausea And Vomiting, Crps. The patient has Foggy Head, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Unable To Sleep For Days At At Time, Not Wanting To Eat, Persistant Vomiting, Hemmeroids, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Nausea And Vomiting, Numbness, Burning Eyes, Pain
Comments: Since being diagnosed with CRPS/RSD I have pain 100% of the time. It is not always a 10/10 but is always there in one form or another. It started in my right hand/arm after a accident while carrying a busing pan full of dirty dishes to be cleaned. While walking through a steel swinging door into the ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Alprazolam, Oxycodone, Albuterol Sulfate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Carisoprodol, Topamax, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Singulair, Advair Hfa, Proventil, Coumadin, Glimepiride, Lipitor, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Osteoarthrosis, Fibromyalgia, Degenerative Disc Disease, Bursitis, Asthmatic Crisis, Major Depressive Disorder, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Frequent Headaches, Allergic Respiratory Disease, Asthma, Pulmonary Embolism, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Asthma
Comments: I have an non-typical pulmonary stenosis, MPA aneurysm directly above that valve. The left ventricle was also enlarged due to the stress of my third & final pregnancy put on my heart.
On March 1st (this year) I went to the ER as none of my asthma treatment weren't working. After several tests a ...
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Vomiting
Comments: My child started Concerta on Monday, one week ago. Very effective with the hyperactivity and attention effects but on Wednesday he complained about being nauseous the whole day and started vomiting severely yesterday. He has not been able to hold down any liquid, electrolyte solution or any food a ...
More related studies for: Amitriptyline hydrochloride, Stomach upset
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.