From FDA reports: Amitriptyline hydrochloride and Sweating - excessive
This is a study of Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis) among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride. The study analyzes: the time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Sweating - excessive, gender and age of these people, the severity of Sweating - excessive, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Amitriptyline hydrochloride. In total 4,081 Amitriptyline hydrochloride users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is used in migraine, depression, insomnia, pain, fibromyalgia. Commonly reported side effects of Amitriptyline hydrochloride include fatigue, nausea, fall, fever, weakness.
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, stress and anxiety.
On May, 25, 2013: 4,081 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 50 people (1.23%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||60.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Sweating - excessive||68.52%||31.48% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.70%||26.09%||28.26%||36.96% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (10 people, 20.00%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 16.00%)
- Pain (7 people, 14.00%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 10.00%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 10.00%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (9 people, 18.00%)
- Effexor (6 people, 12.00%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 10.00%)
- Trazodone hydrochloride (5 people, 10.00%)
- Folic acid (5 people, 10.00%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
(If the study does not answer your question, use Personalized Q&A)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether sweating - excessive is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used for migraine. Find out below the conditions Amitriptyline Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amitriptyline Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Amitriptyline hydrochloride side effects from A to Z:
Browse Amitriptyline hydrochloride drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
- Can atenolol cramp muscles and cause severe anxiety with physical and mental pain?
(for a 56 year old woman who has Fast Heart Rate , and takes Elavil, Percocet, Atenolol)
Was taken elavil for "pain" management then prescribed atenolol for fast heart rate (which I find out the elavil caused )..the atenolol was an absolute painful nightmare.
It made me physically and mentally very ill.
Went to ER for muscle cramping,dizziness,body ache from the inside out,anxiety,agi ...
- Is my chance of tremors high if i am getting treated with endep?
(for a 26 year old man who has Lazy Bowel, Lower Limb Weakness, Depression - Chronic, Duodenogastric Reflux, Urinary Retention, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis (T2 - L3), and takes Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycodone Hydrochloride , Pantoprazole Sodium, Naproxen)
The oxycodone hydrochloride also has naloxone hydrochloride in it (targin) and its pretty new on the market to treat pain + constipation. i was put on endep right after i noticed getting nightmares because of the mirtazapine i was taking for my chronic depression.
- What if any are the interaction side effects of celexa, amytriptyline, and dilantin?
(for a 33 year old man who has Sleeplessness, Depression, Seizures, and takes Celexa, Dilantin-30, Elavil)
I am being treated by a LPN due to financial hardship, and I have heard that the office is notorious for giving drugs that have caused negative effects in patients. The Dilantin is for my seizures, the celexa is for my depression and the Elavil is for my sleeplessness. I just want to know of any n ...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Triphasil-28 for a 39-year old woman who has Birth Control And Family Planning (42 seconds ago)
- Losartan Potassium, Diclofenac Potassium, Lipitor for a 66-year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Arthritis , Plaque Buildup - Arteries (34 minutes ago)
- Remicade for a 66-year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis (1 hour ago)
- Fluoxetine, Lamictal for a 56-year old woman who has Depression, Bipolar 2 (1 hour ago)
- Velcade for a 60-year old man who has Multiple Meyleoma (2 hours ago)
- Hydrea for a 62-year old man who has Polycythemia Vera (3 hours ago)
- Levothyroxine Sodium, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Furosemide, Metoprolol Succinate for a 71-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, PVC's Tachycardia (3 hours ago)
- Suprax for a 26-year old woman who has Typhoid Fever (3 hours ago)
- Clomid for a 31-year old woman who has Anovulatory Cycle (3 hours ago)
- Zolpidem, Crestor, , Axiron for a 58-year old man who has Cant Sleep, High Cholesterol, Low Thyroid, Low Testosterone (4 hours ago)