Review: could Amitriptyline hydrochloride cause Sweating - excessive (Hyperhidrosis)?
Summary: Sweating - excessive is found among people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Depression.
We study 5,769 people who have side effects while taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 66 have Sweating - excessive. Find out below who they are, when they have Sweating - excessive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Sweating - excessive >>>
Amitriptyline hydrochloride has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 7,191 Amitriptyline hydrochloride users)
Sweating - excessive
Sweating - excessive (abnormally increased sweating) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 42,867 Sweating - excessive patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 5,769 people reported to have side effects when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride. Among them, 66 people (1.14%) have Sweating - Excessive.
Time on Amitriptyline hydrochloride when people have Sweating - excessive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sweating - excessive||31.25%||18.75%||18.75%||6.25%||12.50%||6.25%||6.25% |
Gender of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Sweating - excessive||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Sweating - excessive when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride * :
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.61%||9.68%||29.03%||24.19%||35.48% |
Severity of Sweating - excessive when taking Amitriptyline hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||8.33%||91.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sweating - excessive ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sweating - excessive||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (13 people, 19.70%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 15.15%)
- Pain (9 people, 13.64%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 9.09%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 7.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lyrica (10 people, 15.15%)
- Effexor (6 people, 9.09%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 7.58%)
- Synthroid (5 people, 7.58%)
- Folic acid (5 people, 7.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Amitriptyline hydrochloride and sweating - excessive on
Do you have Sweating - Excessive while taking Amitriptyline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride and have Sweating - Excessive
- support group for people who take Amitriptyline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Sweating - Excessive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 34-year old woman with Pancreatitis Chronic. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Elavil, Adderall, Lamictal for a 54-year old man with Sleep Disorder, Cognitive Deterioration, Chorea. The patient has Chorea
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 62-year old man with Ankle Pain. The patient has Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Aromasin for a 45-year old woman with Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Migraine Hemiplegic, Migraine With Aura, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Dyshidrotic Eczema
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Prilosec, Zyrtec Allergy, Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Elavil for a 56-year old woman with Low Deficient, High Cholesterol, Acid Reflux, Allergy, Depression - Chronic, Migraine.
Recent Amitriptyline hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Elavil, Tegretol for a 43-year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Endep, Pristiq for a 45-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Letrozole for a 55-year old woman who has Aromatose Inhibitor, Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.