Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Acid reflux is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Hypersensitivity.
We study 17,573 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Acid reflux. Find out below who they are, when they have Acid reflux and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Acid reflux >>>
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,109 Amlodipine besylate users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 19,207 Acid reflux patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 17,561 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 24 people (0.14%) have Acid Reflux.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Acid reflux * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||36.36%||9.09%||18.18%||18.18%||0.00%||18.18% |
Gender of people who have Acid reflux when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Acid reflux||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.35%||4.35%||30.43%||60.87% |
Severity of Acid reflux when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||54.55%||45.45%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Acid reflux ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Acid reflux||12.50%||25.00%||62.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypersensitivity (7 people, 29.17%)
- Neoplasm (7 people, 29.17%)
- Nausea (7 people, 29.17%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 29.17%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 29.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (8 people, 33.33%)
- Prochlorperazine maleate (7 people, 29.17%)
- Irinotecan hcl (7 people, 29.17%)
- Finasteride (7 people, 29.17%)
- Zoledronic acid (7 people, 29.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amlodipine besylate and acid reflux on
Do you have Acid Reflux while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Acid Reflux
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Acid Reflux
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
- A study of drug interactions between Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Prednisolone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Valsartan for a 64-year old woman with Glaucoma, Retinal Detachment, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Back Pain, Knee Pain, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Paralysis, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Tendon Pain, Gerd, Vision Impairment, Coronary Artery Spasm, Neuropathy
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 53-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.