Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Acid reflux is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Hypersensitivity.
We study 17,561 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Acid reflux. Find out below who they are, when they have Acid reflux and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Acid reflux >>>
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,104 Amlodipine besylate users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 19,207 Acid reflux patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 17,561 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 24 people (0.14%) have Acid Reflux.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Acid reflux * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||36.36%||9.09%||18.18%||18.18%||0.00%||18.18% |
Gender of people who have Acid reflux when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Acid reflux||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.35%||4.35%||30.43%||60.87% |
Severity of Acid reflux when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||54.55%||45.45%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Acid reflux ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Acid reflux||12.50%||25.00%||62.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypersensitivity (7 people, 29.17%)
- Neoplasm (7 people, 29.17%)
- Nausea (7 people, 29.17%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 29.17%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 29.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (8 people, 33.33%)
- Prochlorperazine maleate (7 people, 29.17%)
- Irinotecan hcl (7 people, 29.17%)
- Finasteride (7 people, 29.17%)
- Zoledronic acid (7 people, 29.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amlodipine besylate and acid reflux on
Do you have Acid Reflux while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Acid Reflux
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Acid Reflux
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of NORVASC for a 54-year old woman with Pulmonary Hypertension. The patient has Swollen Right Knee And Leg With Rash Around Knee
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 75-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body)
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Fenofibrate for a 54-year old man with Blood Pressure, Blood Triglycerides. The patient has Creatine Urine, Low Egfr
- A study of drug interactions between Aciphex, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59 for a 16-year old girl with Reflux Gastritis, Iron Deficiency. The patient has Eczema Nummular, Cold Intolerance, Hyposomnia, Heartburn
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.