Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Breast cancer?
Summary: Breast cancer is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Salmeterol xinafoate fluticasone propionate, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,573 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 36 have Breast cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Breast cancer >>>
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,115 Amlodipine besylate users)
Breast cancer has been reported by people with hormone replacement therapy, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, menopausal symptoms, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 77,363 Breast cancer patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 17,573 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 36 people (0.20%) have Breast Cancer.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Breast cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast cancer||0.00%||84.62%||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Breast cancer when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Breast cancer||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Breast cancer when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Breast cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||65.12%||34.88% |
Severity of Breast cancer when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Breast cancer||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Breast cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (27 people, 75.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (25 people, 69.44%)
- Nasopharyngitis (22 people, 61.11%)
- Asthma (21 people, 58.33%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5 people, 13.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Salmeterol xinafoate fluticasone propionate (22 people, 61.11%)
- Celecoxib (22 people, 61.11%)
- Clobetasol propionate (22 people, 61.11%)
- Famotidine (22 people, 61.11%)
- Ketoprofen (22 people, 61.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amlodipine besylate and breast cancer on
Do you have Breast Cancer while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Breast Cancer
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Breast Cancer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old man with Prostration, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine for a 57-year old woman with Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has High Clostrol
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
- A study of drug interactions between Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Prednisolone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Valsartan for a 64-year old woman with Glaucoma, Retinal Detachment, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Insomnia
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 53-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.