Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Colitis ulcerative (Ulcerative colitis)?
Summary: Colitis ulcerative is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ethyl loflazepate, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,561 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Colitis ulcerative. Find out below who they are, when they have Colitis ulcerative and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Colitis ulcerative >>>
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,104 Amlodipine besylate users)
Colitis ulcerative (inflammation of colon with ulcer) has been reported by people with acne, ulcerative colitis, acne cystic, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 22,580 Colitis ulcerative patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 17,555 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 8 people (0.05%) have Colitis Ulcerative.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Colitis ulcerative * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Colitis ulcerative||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Colitis ulcerative when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Colitis ulcerative||90.00%||10.00% |
Age of people who have Colitis ulcerative when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Colitis ulcerative||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||66.67% |
Severity of Colitis ulcerative when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Colitis ulcerative||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Colitis ulcerative ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Colitis ulcerative||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 62.50%)
- Productive cough (4 people, 50.00%)
- Oropharyngeal pain (4 people, 50.00%)
- Cough (4 people, 50.00%)
- Mycobacterium avium complex infection (4 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ethyl loflazepate (4 people, 50.00%)
- Clarithromycin (4 people, 50.00%)
- Rebamipide (4 people, 50.00%)
- Ambroxol hydrochloride (4 people, 50.00%)
- Hachiazule (4 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colitis Ulcerative while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Colitis Ulcerative
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Colitis Ulcerative
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Amlodipine for a 59-year old man with Low Thyroid, Mood, Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Shoulder
- A study of drug interactions between Acetylsalicylic Acid, Simvastatin, Mirtazapine, Amlodipine, Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Heart Failure.
- A study of drug interactions between Hyzaar, Amlodipine Besylate, Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 67-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Worse After Dying Hair, Itchiness Of Scalp And Body
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Progesterone, Synthroid, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Vytorin for a 48-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Menopuasal, Thyroid Disorder, High Choloesterol.
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Singulair, Spiriva, Norvasc, Symbicort, Bystolic, Klonopin for a 67-year old woman with Excitability, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Blurred Vision, Dizziness Aggravated, Anxiety, Weight Loss - Intentional, Itching
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.