Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Colitis ulcerative (Ulcerative colitis)?
Summary: Colitis ulcerative is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Ethyl loflazepate, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,573 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Colitis ulcerative. Find out below who they are, when they have Colitis ulcerative and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Colitis ulcerative >>>
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,115 Amlodipine besylate users)
Colitis ulcerative (inflammation of colon with ulcer) has been reported by people with acne, ulcerative colitis, acne cystic, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 22,585 Colitis ulcerative patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 17,561 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 8 people (0.05%) have Colitis Ulcerative.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Colitis ulcerative * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Colitis ulcerative||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Colitis ulcerative when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Colitis ulcerative||90.00%||10.00% |
Age of people who have Colitis ulcerative when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Colitis ulcerative||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||16.67%||66.67% |
Severity of Colitis ulcerative when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Colitis ulcerative||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Colitis ulcerative ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Colitis ulcerative||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 62.50%)
- Productive cough (4 people, 50.00%)
- Oropharyngeal pain (4 people, 50.00%)
- Cough (4 people, 50.00%)
- Mycobacterium avium complex infection (4 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ethyl loflazepate (4 people, 50.00%)
- Clarithromycin (4 people, 50.00%)
- Rebamipide (4 people, 50.00%)
- Ambroxol hydrochloride (4 people, 50.00%)
- Hachiazule (4 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colitis Ulcerative while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Colitis Ulcerative
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Colitis Ulcerative
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
- A study of drug interactions between Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Prednisolone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Valsartan for a 64-year old woman with Glaucoma, Retinal Detachment, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Libido, Weight Gain, Supraventricular Tachycardia, Tired Eyes, Red Eyes, Dry Eyes, Glaucoma, Blurred Vision, Watery Eyes
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 53-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.