Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Elevated liver enzymes?
Summary: Elevated liver enzymes is reported only by a few people who take Amlodipine besylate.
We study 17,561 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Elevated liver enzymes. Find out below who they are, when they have Elevated liver enzymes and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Elevated liver enzymes >>>
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,104 Amlodipine besylate users)
Elevated liver enzymes
Elevated liver enzymes (high liver enzymes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 307 Elevated liver enzymes patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 17,561 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 4 people (0.02%) have Elevated Liver Enzymes.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Elevated liver enzymes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Elevated liver enzymes when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Elevated liver enzymes||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Elevated liver enzymes when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Elevated liver enzymes when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Elevated liver enzymes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Allergies (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 50.00%)
- Sciatica (1 people, 25.00%)
- Heart rate increased (1 people, 25.00%)
- Headache (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (1 people, 25.00%)
- B-12 (1 people, 25.00%)
- Spiriva (1 people, 25.00%)
- Aspirin (1 people, 25.00%)
- Zyrtec (1 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amlodipine besylate and elevated liver enzymes on
Do you have Elevated Liver Enzymes while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Elevated Liver Enzymes
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Elevated Liver Enzymes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of NORVASC for a 54-year old woman with Pulmonary Hypertension. The patient has Swollen Right Knee And Leg With Rash Around Knee
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 75-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body)
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Fenofibrate for a 54-year old man with Blood Pressure, Blood Triglycerides. The patient has Creatine Urine, Low Egfr
- A study of side effects of Ceftriaxone for a 77-year old woman with Infection - Kidney. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes), Liver Cirrhosis (end result of chronic liver damage caused by chronic liver disease), Emboli (a blood clot, air bubble, piece of fatty deposit, or other object that has been carried in the bloodstream), Gallstones (stone formation by bile component)
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Amlodipine for a 59-year old man with Low Thyroid, Mood, Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Shoulder
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.