Home > Amlodipine besylate > Hair loss > Amlodipine besylate and Hair loss
Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Hair loss?
We study 17,502 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 109 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Hair loss >>>
Amlodipine besylate (latest outcomes from 19,033 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 17,502 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 109 people (0.62%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||3.23%||25.81%||16.13%||16.13%||19.35%||12.90%||6.45% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Hair loss||79.44%||20.56% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.26%||2.78%||8.33%||11.11%||68.52% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||46.67%||43.33%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (23 people, 21.10%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (16 people, 14.68%)
- High blood pressure (15 people, 13.76%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 9.17%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 7.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (18 people, 16.51%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 13.76%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (10 people, 9.17%)
- Humira (10 people, 9.17%)
- Zantac (10 people, 9.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amlodipine besylate, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Not a great experience
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
More reviews for: Amlodipine besylate, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Amlodipine Besylate (amlodipine besylate) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Amlodipine Besylate is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amlodipine Besylate used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Metformin, Diovan Hct, Zocor, Celexa for a patient with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Cholesterol, Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Hair Thinning
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Norco, Gabapentin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Vitamin D, Calcium, Estradiol, Magnesium Oxide, Omeprazole, Potassium Chloride 10meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Amlodipine Besylate, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with COPD, Back Pain, Muscle Spasms, Seasonal Allergy, Low D3 Level, Calcium, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Low Blood Magnesium, Gerd, Potassium - Low, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Amlodipine Besylate, Doxazosin Mesylate for a patient with Thyroidectomy Total, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss
More related studies for: Amlodipine besylate, Hair loss
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Amlodipine besylate, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (45 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (47 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- High Cholesterol
- Ocular Dysmetria
- Back Pain