Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Liver function test abnormal?
Summary: Liver function test abnormal is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,573 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 91 have Liver function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Liver function test abnormal >>>
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,115 Amlodipine besylate users)
Liver function test abnormal
Liver function test abnormal has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,149 Liver function test abnormal patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 17,573 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 91 people (0.52%) have Liver Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Liver function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Liver function test abnormal||60.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||10.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Liver function test abnormal||44.33%||55.67% |
Age of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||1.16%||0.00%||0.00%||1.16%||10.47%||30.23%||56.98% |
Severity of Liver function test abnormal when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Liver function test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 13.19%)
- Lower respiratory tract infection (11 people, 12.09%)
- Myocardial ischaemia (10 people, 10.99%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (9 people, 9.89%)
- Supraventricular tachycardia (9 people, 9.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (25 people, 27.47%)
- Clarithromycin (13 people, 14.29%)
- Lansoprazole (13 people, 14.29%)
- Zocor (12 people, 13.19%)
- Adenosine (11 people, 12.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amlodipine besylate and liver function test abnormal on
Do you have Liver Function Test Abnormal while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Liver Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 34-year old man with Barrett's Oesophagus, Jaundice - Yellow Skin. The patient has Jaundice, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Blood Bilirubin Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old man with Prostration, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine for a 57-year old woman with Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has High Clostrol
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 53-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.