Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Loss of hair (Hair loss)?
Summary: Loss of hair is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,555 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 111 have Loss of hair. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of hair and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Loss of hair >>>
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,099 Amlodipine besylate users)
Loss of hair
Loss of hair has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,705 Loss of hair patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 17,555 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 111 people (0.63%) have Loss Of Hair.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Loss of hair * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of hair||3.12%||25.00%||18.75%||15.62%||18.75%||12.50%||6.25% |
Gender of people who have Loss of hair when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Loss of hair||78.90%||21.10% |
Age of people who have Loss of hair when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Loss of hair||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||2.73%||9.09%||11.82%||67.27% |
Severity of Loss of hair when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of hair||0.00%||46.88%||43.75%||9.38% |
How people recovered from Loss of hair ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of hair||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (24 people, 21.62%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (16 people, 14.41%)
- High blood pressure (15 people, 13.51%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 9.01%)
- Eczema (8 people, 7.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (18 people, 16.22%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 13.51%)
- Prednisone (10 people, 9.01%)
- Zantac (10 people, 9.01%)
- Humira (10 people, 9.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loss Of Hair while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Loss Of Hair
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Loss of hair
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Amlodipine for a 59-year old man with Low Thyroid, Mood, Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Shoulder
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 31-year old woman with Psychosis. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Acetylsalicylic Acid, Simvastatin, Mirtazapine, Amlodipine, Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Heart Failure.
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 42-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Hair Loss, Nail Toxicity (nail damaged due to toxin)
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.